unable to get title of picture

vincent3569 Member, Translator
Hi

I am now working with LR 4.1 and I just created a new album with new pictures exported with it.
I am unable to get the title of the pictures stored with LR in the "title" Medata

one example : http://www.vincentbourganel.fr/20120407-vacances-verdon/IMG_6741.jpg.html
the good title is "Moustier Sainte-Marie II"

Comments

• vincent3569 Member, Translator
    a workin example :
    http://www.vincentbourganel.fr/20110721-vacances-ete-pays-basque/img_5671.jpg.html
    this pictures was exported with LR 3.6.

the title is stored in the same place, so I don't realy understand where the probel could be.
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    I downloaded both images and noticed that there's no title, description, etc. in both images ???
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    I have no idea about LR as I don'T use it. What I discover in my system with Adobe CS3 is that if I add metadata via Brigde it is not embedded to the images somehow no matter what I do. Only until I open an image in PS and re-save it they are really embedded. Maybe LR does the same.
    @fretz: try to download the pictures displayed in the pictures displayed in colorbox (full images @acrylian : the exifs and metadata are duplicated when small pictures are created ?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    I mean that GD cannot copy metadata while Imagick could. But I am not sure, sbillard will have that info.

I see that there is info in the image. Did you enable the meta data fields to be read?
    OK, I found my mistake.
    the data "object name" wasn't allowed.
    this is the data used to set the picture's title (and not the data "image title")
  • Hi Vincent,

I have the same problem ...it seems you solve it so what you mean by "object name wasn't allowed?

Thanks for your support

Thierry
    hi
    in admin/options/images/metadata, you have to check "object name".
    so you have to refresh your metadata to store the image title for each image
    hi

now,I have a new trouble : with LR4, if I set a description of the picture, but I don't give a title, in ZenPhoto, the description become the title of the picture.

is there an issue ?
  • Then LR4 is setting your description into one of the fields that are defined as "titles". I presume this is changed for you from the previous version of LR?
  • Yes getting titles on your photos and best images to get find on the site and the searches from the users on the site and off the site like in the search engines.
  • Hi,

I checked 'object name ' in ZP metadata options and I refreshed metadata database....but, I have always the same problem: titles are missing and replaced by filename or legend. All suggestions are welcome!

Thierry