Installation is not possible

Hi, i want to try this very nice galery and have a problem during the installation.
I have uploaded all the files to my webspace and have entered the mysql settings. Everything is green at the setup routine except of the following:
- PHP setlocale() failed
- MySql version 5.1.61

There is one orange question mark.
When i click on "Go" (with a question mark in front) i wait some time and then i get a 500 Internal Server Error message:
-----------
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
-----------
The URL change to "zp-core/setup.php?checked&update&mod_rewrite=ON".

Who could help in this case? Thank you very much and greetings from Germany.

Comments

• This 500 error is usually the result of folder permissions that are not to the standard your web server requires. Look at the permissions of your root folder and of the zp-core folder as those are most likely the issue. It could also be the permissions of the setup.php script. What the permissions need to be is specific to our provider, but very often if you have loose (0777) permissions you will get this error.

It is also possible that there is some other PHP error occuring so you should check your script error logs. Normally, though, PHP errors result in blank pages, not server errors.
  • Hi sbillard,
    thank you for the very fast answer.
    I have changed the permissions from the maindir from 0755 to 0777 - No change
    zp-core from 0755 to 0777 - No change
    setup.php from 0644 to 0777 - No change

Should i add all the permissions to 0777?

In the error_log i have the following errors regarding the installation:
    ----------
    [Tue Jun 26 21:32:37 2012] [warn] [client xxxxxxxxxx] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds, referer: http://DOMAIN.de/zenphoto/zp-core/setup.php
    [Tue Jun 26 21:32:37 2012] [error] [client xxxxxxxxxxx] Premature end of script headers: setup.php, referer: http://DOMAIN.de/zenphoto/zp-core/setup.php
    ----------
    Does that help?
  • These errors indicate a problem with the setup.php script. Not sure exactly what though. They sound like the script server could not complete the read. Or maybe it was denied access.

But with 0777 there should not be any security restrictions reading the script. I think you need to ask the service provider about this.
  • Hi sbillard,

ich have now changed the rights for all Files and Folder to 0777 and have the same problem as yesterday..
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Try to re-upload zp-core. Maybe your ftp client damaged files on upload. For some reasons that sometimes might happen, the premature end of script headers can indicate that.