User Log In Page No Longer Works

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this error message?

[30-Jun-2012 21:14:40] PHP Notice: printPasswordForm (called from password.php line 30) is deprecated printPasswordForm custom theme password forms is deprecated. You should style the form created by the Zenphoto_Authority class (or its derivatives) instead. Use of these forms will prevent alternative credentials implementations from working with a theme. in /home2/xxxxxxxx2/public_html/zenphoto/zp-core/zp-extensions/deprecated-functions.php on line 70

I have searched the forum but I do not come up with an answer. Zenphoto was working fine and I do not know of any events that might have caused this. Now, the user log in page does not work and I do not know what to do. The page does not do anything after entering a user id and password. I am using Version 1.4.1.6 and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. I get the same results on an XP machine. I have been at this for hours and would really appreciate some help.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The notice actually explains it. You are probably using either an old theme or a custom theme that needs updating.
  • Here is another error code:
    30-Jun-2012 20:18:18] PHP Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /xxxx2/xxxxxxx2/public_html/zenphoto/zp-core/admin-functions.php on line 2619

Why would my gallery suddenly start generating error codes?
  • Please note that Zenphoto v1.4.1.6 is no where near the current version. (We have just released v1.4.3, Version 1.4.2 was released in January.) We are sorry but we are unable to provide support for these old versions.
  • Thanks. Will I be OK if I follow the update instructions I found in another post?
  • I would say that "you should be OK"

If there is still and error, please revert to one of the standard themes and see if the problem is resolved.
  • I have uploaded the Zenphoto files:
    1. index.php
    2. /themes
    3. /zp-core
    I do not have a setup.php file. What do I do now?
  • I ran setup-primitive.php and it worked.
    The actual file to run is /zp-core/setup.php but it should have run automatically.
  • I did not want to skip too many versions so I uploaded version 1.4.2.4.
    I could not find a /zp-core/set.php file after the upload, however, there was a file named setup-primitive.php. I ran that and I have the user log in page back. Does this make sense?
  • Actually, no, this does not make any sense. There is a setup-primitive.php script in the `zp-core/setup` folder. Running that script should do nothing as it is just a few initializations and some functions. It is only used when you are doing a clean install without an initialized database.

If there is no `zp-core/setup.php` script then the upload did not work correctly or the file was removed from a previous install. (But then the whole setup folder would also have been removed.)

So the suggestion is to remove all files in `zp-core`, remove the root `index.php` script, and remove any zenphoto supplied themes in the `themes` folder.

Download again the release. You might as well try 1.4.3. We believe it will be as successful in upgrading over skipped versions as the 1.4 releases.
  • Thanks. I will follow your advice.
  • I tried 1.4.3 and I have warnings or other messages in the setup page that I do not know what to do with.

Upgrade
    Welcome to Zenphoto! This page will set up Zenphoto on your web server.
    Systems Check:
    Updating current Zenphoto release
    Log security
    PHP version 5.2.17
    Warning!
    PHP Version 5.0.5 or greater is required. Version 5.3 or greater is strongly recommended. Use earlier versions at your own risk.
    PHP Sessions.
    PHP Register Globals
    PHP Safe Mode
    PHP magic_quotes_gpc [is enabled]
    Warning!
    We strongly recommend disabling magic_quotes_gpc. For more information See What is magic_quotes_gpc and why should it be disabled? in the Zenphoto troubleshooting guide.
    PHP magic_quotes_runtime
    PHP magic_quotes_sybase
    PHP gettext() support
    PHP mbstring package
    Graphics support: PHP GD library bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
    zenphoto.cfg file
    File Permissions [are strict (0644)] Notice! click for details
    Notice!
    If file permissions are not set to strict or tighter there could be a security risk. However, on some servers Zenphoto does not function correctly with tight file permissions. If Zenphoto has permission errors, run setup again and select a more relaxed permission.
    Set File permissions to readonly (0444) strict (0644) relaxed (0664) loose (0666)apply
    The Zenphoto filesystem character define is ISO?8859?1 [no test performed]
    Warning!
    Setup did not perform a test of the filesystem character set. You can cause setup to test for a proper definition by creating a file in your zp-data folder named charset_tést and re-running setup.
    If your server filesystem character set is different from ISO?8859?1 and you create album or image filenames names containing characters with diacritical marks you may have problems displaying the names.
    Change the filesystem character set define to Unknown ASMO-708 BIG5 CISO2022JP CP1026 CP870 DOS-720 DOS-862 EBCDIC-CP-US EUC-CN EUC-JP EUC-KR GB2312 HZ-GB-2312 IBM437 IBM737 IBM775 IBM850 IBM852 IBM857 IBM861 IBM869 ISO-2022-JP ISO-2022-KR ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-15 ISO-8859-2 ISO-8859-3 ISO-8859-4 ISO-8859-5 ISO-8859-6 ISO-8859-7 ISO-8859-8 ISO-8859-8-i ISO-8859-9 JOHAB KOi8-R KOi8-U KS_C_5601-1987 MACINTOSH SHIFT_JIS UNICODE UNICODEFFFE US-ASCII UTF-7 UTF-8 WINDOWS-1250 WINDOWS-1251 WINDOWS-1252 WINDOWS-1253 WINDOWS-1254 WINDOWS-1255 WINDOWS-1256 WINDOWS-1257 WINDOWS-1258 WINDOWS-874 cp866apply.
    If you do not know the character set try "UTF-8"
    PHP MySQL support for configured Database
    PHP PDO_MySQL support
    Database setup in configuration file
    MySql version 5.1.63
    Warning!
    MySql Version 5.0.0 or greater is required. Version 5.5.0 or greater is preferred. Use a lower version at your own risk.
    SQL mode
    Database access rights
    SHOW TABLES found: znp_admin_to_object, znp_administrators, znp_albums, znp_captcha, znp_comments, znp_images, znp_menu, znp_news, znp_news2cat, znp_news_categories, znp_obj_to_tag, znp_options, znp_pages, znp_plugin_storage, znp_search_cache, znp_tags
    Database field collations
    Zenphoto core files [Some files are missing or seem wrong]
    Warning!
    Perhaps there was a problem with the upload. You should check the following files:
    zp-core/exif/exif.php
    zp-core/exif/makers/canon.php
    zp-core/exif/makers/fujifilm.php
    zp-core/exif/makers/gps.php

Zenphoto core file permissions
    .htaccess file (RewriteEngine is ON)
    .htaccess RewriteBase is /zenphoto
    robots.txt file [Not created] Notice! click for details
    Notice!
    Setup did not create a robots.txt file because one already exists.
    albums folder
    cache folder
    locale folders
    uploaded folder
    zp-data folder
    HTML cache folder (cache_html)
    Third party plugins folder (plugins)
    Database tables to update: znp_options, znp_albums, znp_images, znp_comments, znp_administrators, znp_admin_to_object, znp_tags, znp_obj_to_tag, znp_captcha, znp_pages, znp_news2cat, znp_news_categories, znp_news, znp_menu, znp_plugin_storage, znp_search_cache

I could not find a zp-core/exif/exif.php file. I did find zp-core/exif/makers/canon.php and fujifilm.php and gps.php but I do not know what to check.
  • Well, there certainly SHOULD have been a `zp-core/exif.php` file. Most likely you are still having problems with your uploads. Did you follow my advice to remove all the Zenphoto files before the upload?
  • I removed all the files you referred to in your post above.
  • What else can I do?
  • Get a new FTP client?

Seriously, the errors you report are all caused by procedural errors in getting the application files onto your server. Only you can figure out where that is going wrong.
  • My logins are working properly now. My MP4 videos would not play as before with flowplayer (I could not see the video clips) so I changed the plugin to jplayer. The MP4's play but they are very choppy. If I let them play through and re-start them they play fine; but I have to do this everytime I start them. Do I need to turn on a caching function?
    Mp4 is a container format and can contain several codecs both video/audio and in several settings. Try to encode your videos in standard sizes and settings. Please refer to the player sites and also Adobes Flash pages about what Flash plays (Flowplayer is pure flash and jplayer can only play html5 natively special formats on special browsers - thanks to the fact that there is no standard..).

Also all these player have to load the file to play, so if your server or connection is slow and the files big it might be slow (you notcie this at time even on youtube & co which work not that different).