MySQL issues with new installation

I am trying to install zenphoto for the first time. I created a MySQL database but am unable to connect during setup. I seem to remember missing a step during an installation of another image gallery product where I had to create the database tables first. I didn't see anything in the installation guide that mentioned creating the zenphoto_ table, so I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions? I am pretty much a novice when it comes to databases, but I can usually follow instructions. :D

TIA!

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Setup could technically also create the databse but virtually no host does allow that. So you need to create that manually. But setup does create the necessary tables. If it does not there must be an error in your server error log about wrong database credentials or else.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Here's the error I'm getting:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

When I searched the forums others had the same issue, but it sounded like they had not created the database. I know I did that step (and entered the correct info in setup), but it's not working. Any suggestions? Thanks again!
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sure you used the correct user name and password? It is most certainly not both "root". your host will tell.