ZPbase Multilingual

Hi,
at the moment i am setting up my site bilingual english/german.

zpbase comes with disqus support and here is my question:
Any idea how to setup disqus multilingual ?

The helpfile at:
https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466249-multi-lingual-websites

does not help very much.

Has anyone figured out to make disqus multilingual with zenphoto?
Maybe it is possible to use:
<meta name="language" content="en-US">

but how do i use this as a variable?

Cheers
Ralf

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Never used disqus (personally not a fan of such external services for several reasons) but you should be able to get the current locale by using `getUserLocale()`.

Just a personal thought: I am not sure the comments need to be multilingual itself. Multilingual only makes sense for content that exists in several languages which a comment hardly will.
  • Hi Acrylian,

i agree - what I intend to do:
    In the admin area of disqus (at disqus com) you can set a language-in my case german.
    So the disqus container will display 'Kommentare'. For english speaking vistors it should be 'comments'.
    I do not want to make the comments themselves multilingual just the headings of the comment form, like the native zenphoto comment plugin does.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Ah, ok, I indeed completely misunderstood.
  • I have no idea about Disqus. But there are many international services that seem to do language negotiation with the browser on their own. Phpbb forum is like that.

If Disqus does language negotiation on its own, it then means that when I visit your site, I would see "Commentaires" in French, whereas an english-speaking visitor would see "Comments" instead. If that's the case, then you don't need to transfer any language info.