Full Size Image

Hi

Using Zenpage theme:

1) Upon clicking on the photo to view it in full size, the loading part takes very long. Its too slow, what can be the reason?

2) How can I navigate through photos in full size with navigation arrows.

Regards

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    1) With the bit of information maybe the image is too large?

2) If you expect any option to enable that does not exists. That is what the single image page does. It would be possible but you would have to customize the theme. The full image is the full image directly so there is no prev/next. To get that you bascially you would have to add a new theme page similar to the image.php page using the full image.
  • Thanks Acrylian.

Guys, if someone has already done something like this then please let me know. Haven't done coding for a long time, badly rusted! I'd Rather copy/paste.

Regards
    Well, what you basically need to recreate the image.php functionally manually. To my knowledge that doesn't exists. You will understand that we can't do your work for you ;-)
    I can give you a rough guide if you want to keep the normal image page.:
    • Create a theme page named e.g fullimage.php
    • Then change all links to the full image to point to this page by appending a query for the image filename and albumname (e.g. `/page/fullimage/?image=&album=`)
    • Then on that page you have to create objects for the image and the album.
    • Then use makeImageCurrent($imageobj) and you should be able to use all standard single image page functions here incl. the full image
    • Now you would have to create prev/next links that mirror the ones above. You will need to get familiar with the object model to achieve this
    If you don't care for the normal image page you could also remove the image.php links from the album loop and use e.g. color box to point to the full image (that will work for the current page only naturally).
  • Thanks for the tips, appreciated!
    Another way I forgot that also requries theme work on image.php. You would have to print an invisible list of links to all fullimages before and/or after the current image.. And then you could attach the colorbox to it to show them.

You could also do that on the album.php page in case you want to skip the image.php page (note you still need it as internal links go there and especially RSS feeds link there, too).

It is more complicated there but that is basically what the colorbox mode of the slideshow plugins does.