Ricoh Theta-S (and other spherical cameras)

I've done a bit of searching and haven't found anything related to using a spherical viewer with zenphoto. There are a few open source viewers out there, but I was wondering if there was an extension that supported rectilinear viewing integrated with zenphoto? Failing that, are there any recommendations on how this might be done? It's been a while since I've poked at all in zenphoto, but this might be a good reason to get back onto the playing field..

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    So you mean 360 degree viewers? I really have no use for this or even such a camera so I never investigated. But if that is just one very wide image it should not be that problematic. If it is set together of several you could achieve this using a subalbum containing the images.

You could surely do that either directly using a specific theme page layout or a plugin.
  • Felix Member
    In the showcase I found "magadan360", a website with panoramic photos. It seems that he used a jquery plugin called fotorama.
  • Wow, that is the sort of thing I'm interested in.. Will have to check this out in more detail (I'm travelling right now). Thanks for pointing this out!
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    I just did take a look as well. Fotorama is the slider script used. For the panoramic photos he is using this apparently: https://krpano.com/index.php?lang=en
    It is not a free script so you would need to buy a license if you really want to use it on a website.