Spanish localization. Where to upload?

Hi.

I'm doing the translation to Spanish from the Deutsch 'zenphoto.po' file found in SVN:
http://www.zenphoto.org/svn/trunk/zp-core/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/

I'd like to upload it to let the ZENPhoto users use it and modify/improve the translation file. Where should I upload it?

BTW, is there any date to let the localization feature be up and running?

Thanx,
hip

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The feature will officially probably be in the next version which would be 1.1.6. You should have waited with your work until we have posted that the feature is ready. Then will make a place to upload the files, which will be on the trac then, and post a little tutorial how to do it.

BTW, the german file is a demo file and not complete. If your really can't wait to do this, you need to parse zenphoto yourself to generate a file.
  • hip Member
    Thanx acrylian.

I waited for some months, I can wait now for a few weeks. No problem.

I've just spend an hour or so doing the translation so not much has been lost. BTW it would be an improvement to check the strings in core marked as to be translated because there are a few miss-spellings and some duplications due to same string ending with and without the ':' or '.' punctuation. (it should be kept off the localization string)

As soon as the feature is ready I'll come back to it.

Thanx for the reply,
    hip
    Alright, just wanted to prevent of doing work for nothing. I hope it will not take "months" from now on...:-) Thanks anyway for the interesst!

I've just spend an hour or so doing the translation so not much has been lost. BTW it would be an improvement to check the strings in core marked as to be translated because there are a few miss-spellings and some duplications due to same string ending with and without the ':' or '.' punctuation. (it should be kept off the localization string)
    Actually these punctuations are left in the strings on purpose because there are users with non european languages, that certainly will not use our latin punctuations at all. I don't know much about those languages.
    But well if it should occur that this is not needed, we can change it afterwards.
  • if you want, i can do the french translation when it's OKEY.
    Sure, when it's ready every translation will be welcome. The more the better. Zensalization of the world...:-)