mass upload

hi everyone. im new here so i want to welcome you all.

i was looking for that but i cannot find.. would you be as nice and tell mi how to upload about 1000 photos without clicking 1000 times:) Does any simple way exist?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Is FTP simple enough?...:-)
  • prucek Member
    ok.. im stupid :D thanks a lot.. i would never thought that its so easy :D... one more little question.. which file do i have to edit to change language ??
    Zenphoto does not have translation capability yet, that will be in the next version (before you ask, no release date yet).
  • prucek Member
    but i dont want you to give me translation. im just asking about the name of the file where i wii be able to change english words into polish:)
    And I didn't want to give you any translation, I don't know polish.....:-)) I probably was not clear about it: There is currently no single file to translate Zenphoto. This will be a feature in the next version. We will announce it on our site and post a translation tutorial then, too. So be sure to subsribe to our rss feed.
  • prucek Member
    i cannot wait so im starting looking for all that signs.. hard work is waiting for me:D thanks a lot;)
    Ok, but you probably will have to do it all again if you update to the next version.
  • prucek Member
    carpe diem :)
  • jlang Member
    If you really must go ahead immediately, here's some advice - most of the text in the core files that would need to be translated is already surrounded by gettext("text in English") function calls of which there are hundreds scattered through the php files.

If you want to do a full translation of the admin screens you'll pretty much need to go through them all, but if you only need to translate the user-visible text (to do with album/image/search/navigation, comment submission etc) there's not actually a huge amount to do - you could just use the gallery as a user would and locate and translate the messages that become visible.

You should try not to hack the core files too much outside the gettext calls as it'd be nice for you to be able to integrate your work with the gettext based system the developers are working on (once it is released).
  • prucek Member
    yeah i managed to translate all that i needed to be translated. it wasnt hard:D i thought that it would be worse work..:) thanks you all a lot :D greetings from far Poland:D

edit:

hmm... another problem with adding top.. check it:
    http://cyklokarpaty.pl/galerie/test/DSC_0186+[640x480].jpg.php
    buttons: next and prev arent on the right place and photo comes down
    jlang: The gettext stuff is not in the official version 1.1.5.
  • jlang Member
    Yes. It would be harder with the released 1.1.5 than the nightly build. (1.1.5 had issues preventing setup/upgrade so I skipped past on my active gallery to a nightly build that was more stable.) I'm fairly mono-lingual myself but I'd like to see this translate-y stuff complete as there are regular requests and also so that another version (hopefully more stable) will become the latest official release.