multilingual issue with Zenphoto 1.2.3

Hi,
I've just upgraded from Zenphoto 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 and I have an issue with the multilingual mode on.
For example, instead of getting "french name" and "english name" for the title of an album, I get :
a:2:{s:5:"en_US";s:17:"english name";s:5:"fr_FR";s:17:"french name";}

I use
Zenphoto 1.2.3
PHP Version 5.2.5
Mysql 4.1.22

I've noticed that I haven't got this problem with Zenpage pages texts (I use Zenpage trunk-r3434).

Well... Help ?

Comments

• How are you getting the title? What you are seeing is the raw database text that needs to be processed by the language handling code.

EDIT: Never mind. The change to the jQuery edit in line was a little flawed. No multi-lingual fields will be properly handled. Fix will be in tonight's build.
  • Ok.
    First I must say a big thank you for your support, Stephen.
    Now, I've just uploaded the last Zenphoto trunk (trunk-r3436) and I get :
    Strict Standards: date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CST/-6.0/no DST' instead in /home/mysuperwebsite/public_html/zp-core/functions-basic.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysuperwebsite/public_html/zp-core/functions-basic.php:23) in /home/mysuperwebsite/public_html/zp-core/admin.php on line 14

Do you have any idea about it ?
  • You can change the error reporting define to E_ALL ^E_NOTICE
  • I am getting this as well in the 3436.

`
    Strict Standards: date_default_timezone_get() [function.date-default-timezone-get]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php:23) in /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions.php on line 1754

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php:23) in /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 25

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php:23) in /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions.php on line 1754

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php:23) in /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/admin-functions.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php:23) in /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 116

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php:23) in /home/olihar/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 117
    `
  • Ok.
    For me this problem is solved with your trick.

Thank you so much (again) Stephen.
  • Can you give me the best way to tackle this issue?
    Should I use the latest nightly build?
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • The nightly builds have expanded error reporting to help the developers find problems. If you upgrade to the nightly build and get these errors you will need to modify the error reporting define as described above.
  • Hi, I had the same issue as above but after updating to zenphoto-2009-03-08-trunk it's fixed the gallery names and descriptions for multilanguage but it still does the same problem on the contact form if there is more than one language. as in the example below. any ideas how i can go about fixing this? thanks in advance

a:2:{s:5:"en_US";s:189:"

Fields with * are required. HTML or any other code is not allowed. A copy of your e-mail will automatically be sent to the address you provided for your own records.
    ";s:5:"ru_RU";s:379:"

Поля с * являются обязательными. HTML или любого другого кода не допускается. Копия сообщения электронной почты автоматически будет отправлено на адрес, указанный для вашего собственного отчета.
    ";}
  • Yes, the contact form does not handle the multi-lingual strings even though it allows them in its options. I shall fix this in tonights build. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • great, Thank you