HOWTO: change text language for plugin

Hi,

I have tried the script and some simple plugin as rated, contact_form, the site is running with an other language than english but for the plugin, the text stays in english, where are we able to change this text? For the rated plugin for example, where have I to chance the text :
Not yet rated or the submit button?

MH

Comments

• What text is not translated?

The contact form plugin has options for you to provide some of the display text. That default text is in English, but you can change it on the options page. (You can even provide multiple different language versions of the text if you have enabled the multi-lingual option.) Any static text should be already translated.
  • I think there is a problem, nothing is translated. I plan to use the script only for one language, in the admin, in the general options, I put http acceptlanguage or french language, try the twice (I have downloaded the fr po mo) all the text is still in english, same thing for plugin like contact form:
    Title:
    Name*:
    Company:
    Street:
    City:
    E-Mail*:
    Phone:
    Subject*:...

Is this possible there is a problem with the htacces? I use rewrite url:
    My htaccess:
    -------------------------------------------
    RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^admin/?$ zp-core/admin.php [R,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^albums/?(.+/?)?$ $1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [L]

RewriteRule index\.php$ index.php [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?page=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)/?$ index.php?p=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?album=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/page/([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)/?$ index.php?album=$1&p=$2 [L,QSA]

#### Rewrite rule addition for search
    RewriteRule ^page/search/fields([0-9]+)/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=search&searchfields=$1&words=$2&page=$3 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/fields([0-9]+)/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=search&searchfields=$1&words=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/archive/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=search&date=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/archive/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=search&date=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/tags/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=search&searchfields=tags&words=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/tags/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=search&searchfields=tags&words=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=search&words=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=search&words=$1 [L,QSA]
    #### Rewrite additions for zenpage
    RewriteRule ^pages/?$ index.php?p=pages [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^pages/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=pages&title=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/?$ index.php?p=news [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=news&page=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/category/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=news&category=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/category/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=news&category=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/archive/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=news&date=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/archive/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=news&date=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=news&title=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^(.*)/image/(thumb|[0-9]{1,4})/([^/\\]+)$ zp-core/i.php?a=$1&i=$3&s=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/image/([^/\\]+)$ zp-core/i.php?a=$1&i=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/album/(thumb|[0-9]{1,4})/([^/\\]+)$ zp-core/i.php?a=$1&i=$3&s=$2&album=true [L,QSA]
    ####

# Catch-all - everything else gets handled in PHP for compatibility.
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/?$ index.php?album=$1 [L,QSA]
    </IfModule>

----------------------------

Any ideas? Any other option needed to be activated?

MH
  • The French translation is not current with the Zenphoto 1.3 release, so perhaps those plugins do not have their translation up-to-date. If other parts of Zenphoto are being translated, then this is pretty sure to be the issue.

Also check that Setup did not mention issues with Gettext() support on your site. If that functionality is not supported, translations are not possible.
  • You found the problem! Now I remember that during the install I had a warning for gettext, I have updated my server and it works fine now.

Thanks a lot for you good and quick answers