zpGalleriffic + Vimeo embeds?

I'm using zpGalleriffic theme and really like it. I was hoping to add embedded video from Vimeo, but I'm having trouble getting it to work with the Colorbox slideshow.

I add the Vimeo videos by uploading a .txt file with the embed code in them (as described in the ZP troubleshooting guide), then upload a thumbnail file. This works great. The thumbnail shows up as it should when viewing the gallery, and the video itself is embedded in the actual image page.

The problem I'm running into is that when you click on the image in the gallery view, it should launch the Colorbox slideshow, but instead, it just opens a box with the spinning loading wheel. I would really love to have video be able to play in Colorbox.

Is there any way of making it work?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You probably need to change the configuration code of the Colorbox on the theme itself to use iFrame to be able to call the text object directly. See the colorbox website for the exact calls.
  • I'll give that a try, though I've never dealt with colorbox before. If I'm understanging everything correctly, I need to add `iframe:true,` to either `"a[rel='slideshow']"` or `"a[rel='zoom']"`...I'm not sure which....I think?
    Sorry, I am not familiar with this theme so I can't help. It maybe that you need to do more than just calling it directly. Whenever JS is involved things get a little more complicated.
  • gjr Member

either "a[rel='slideshow']" or "a[rel='zoom']"...I'm not sure which

slideshow is for the slideshow, zoom is for colorbox outside slideshow. Be aware though that video will not display in the galleriffic script, and I have checks for that. Depending on how you are doing it you could get it in colorbox (if colorbox supports video, I do not even know...)
    Colorbox does not support video itself but you can call it on a separate page via iFrame mode to display. It's not really hard, you just need to submit album name and image file and then create an object there. Vimeo videas of couse need to be used via the text-object plugin and are not real videos like flv or mp4 via flowplayer.

I have made a small theme page for this for a site I did once I could sent in case you wish to add that.
  • Ohhh...so, it's an issue with galleriffic, not colorbox? I know Colorbox is able to handle vimeo/youtube embeds: they have examples of it on their site.
    Depending on how you are doing it you could get it in colorbox
    I'm using the text-object plugin in for the vimeo embeds.
    I am not familiar with this theme but JS errors easily happen if using combinations and cause all kind of unexpected issues.