en_GB Locale added.

Hi,

I added the en_GB locale to my installation with a proper flag to represent English as we are not all Amercian, however I am getting messages in my server logs that there is no zenphoto.po or mo. However there is no .po or .mo in the en_US directory either.

Is this an issue or can I just ignore them?

Cheers
Steve

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer
    You cannot just add locale's without the proper translation files (i.e .po and .mo files)

If Zenphoto can't find the .po and .mo files it will always default to the language used in the script.
    That's why the en_US folder has no .po and .mo files.

You could of course create the en_GB locale yourself.
    See http://www.zenphoto.org/news/translating-tutorial
  • Thanks but the language used is UK English So surely I should be getting .po and .mo log entries for the US English as that has no .mo or .po either.

But I will create one and that should stop the log entries.
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    Good point. It's a hardcoded exception.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You can actually create an `/zp-core/locale/en_GB/` folder with just a flag image in there without a .mo/.po file to use the en_GB locale. In that case you will just get the default en_US English (which is probably not pure US English but a kind of mixture as I for example originally learned British).

If you really need British English then there is of course no way around creating specific translation files.
  • Thanks guys, I am in the middle of creating the .PO for GB English now, may take a while as it is quite huge :D

I also just found a bug in the German .po file :D
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Yeah, I can imagine that this will take a while even if you may be able to use a lot of the default English …

Best open a ticket for the bug in the German one. There are for sure some within all those strings.
  • It is nothing major just a missing <a href= from the translation.

Source Text:
    Stephane Angoulvant with modifications by Stephen Billard (sbillard)

Translation:
    \"http://angoulvant.net/\">Stephane Angoulvant mit Änderungen von Stephen Billard (sbillard)