is there an official respsoniv design for zehnphot?

hello guys,

i am seraching for the moment for a cms for my new website, i tried difrent ones, and i like the admin menu of this cms,

but it's hard for em to find a theme for this, i found one, but this is actually not suported (zpBootstrap) and have some bugs.

so is there a Theme out there that is actually suported and has a responsiv design? i didnt found one so i just ask here.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sorry, at the moment there is only the zpmobile theme that is responsive and official.
  • thats bad to hear, do you and the other developers of zenphoto have a plan to do this?
    is it possible to help you with a donation, testing or something els to work on a main theme for this?

the mobile style ist not a real theme for me do make a website that shows on a normal screen very well.
    We will for sure include a responsive theme in the next major release (no release date yet, sorry…).

If you need this right now or the near future I can only recommend to use one of the existing third party themes. There are several responsive ones like zpBase, zpBootstrap or the Paradigm theme. Non official does not mean bad ;-)
  • vincent3569 Member, Translator
    hi

@railgun : I don't have a lot of time to work on my theme, but it works well and I cant' figure where are issues with slideshow.
    you can see it in action with latest release of zenphoto (1.4.14) and latest release of my theme (zpBootstap 1.4.6) : http://bootstrap.vincentbourganel.fr/

if you have any problem, let me know the steps to reproduce it.
    Thanks for joining, Vincent. It would maybe help if your GitHub account had the latest version. Then we could at least join in occasionally - despite our frequent lack of time as well - and report bugs better.
  • the problem was with the slideshow that i have forgot the plugin colorbox_js, i fought it was alrdy activated but it wasnt o_O

and the other thing was that i triggered a crash of my MySQL server, after installed the theme, but i found the mistake it was not the theme, it just had run out of space for caching :/

so all is fine now.
    the only thing that i need now is a better machine for hosting (the one i got is a bit slow, but thats not your problem)

thanks for looking at this topic
  • I know this is an old post, and I'd like to start by saying I love zenphoto for it's ease of use and have been using it for over 10 years...

I hacked the current default theme to be slightly responsive (so thumbnails don't look like little dots) using bootstrap but it's another thing to make the images fully responsive with swipe, etc.

Not sure if the focus for development is towards the blogging part and not the gallery aspect of it that's causing the lack of development, but for me, I only use zenphoto for the gallery aspects of it. So to have a fully responsive gallery theme is crucial.

If there's any reason to do a new release, it *has* to have a responsive theme, especially with the prevalent use of smartphones in our lives...

For example, the 500.px photo sharing site has a really good responsive design with little clutter.

So I hope to look forward to a new theme or zenphoto release!
    Thanks. The next major release will for sure have a new responsive theme for sure. But that's where you can contribute some third party solutions as whatever we do will never match everyone's expectations or requirements :)

For now there are some third party responsive themes as well. For example our user Vincent3569 is currently working on a new version of his zpBootstrap theme: http://www.zenphoto.org/support/topic.php?id=10833&page=2#post-1978855
  • I just loaded the Libratus theme. The theme is just awesome! The layout is fluid and has almost exactly what I was looking for. It's very responsive, but could use some updates to support swiping and dynamically loading of thumbnails (instead of multipage).

I looked at the zpBootstrap theme, and it's decent. A mix of both themes would be ideal! I can hack enough to get the best of both worlds!

I'm not sure how I missed that before! If anything, the Themes section could benefit from tagging/sorting on last updated and/or ability to demo the particular theme! There's quite a few outdated themes there!

Thanks for the hard work guys!
    Thanks ;-)
    the Themes section could benefit from tagging/sorting on last updated and/or ability to demo the particular theme! There's quite a few outdated themes there!
    Yes, a lot outdated themes there but as noted for history and just as a starting point for custom themes possibly.

We really need to encourage users like you to contribute 3rd party themes. So if you "hack" a merge of these two themes, why not provide it to others? ;-)

You can preview at least the included themes on the demo. Demos of all other themes would surely be nice but a bit too much work (not all are done the same and some probably need specific setup. We only try the old hosted ones every now and then and roughly make them work with the current release at least.

Themes and plugins are actually tagged (also with specific "pluginsupport_*" tags) but I see it's probably not that consquent as I thought (as libratus is not found searching for responsive). We will try to improve on that.
    could use some updates to support swiping and dynamically loading of thumbnails (instead of multipage).
    The new theme planned will have at least swiping for the single image page. Not sure if for thumbnail pages as well (I personally don't mind multipages for these that much and I personally don't like loading via infinite scrolling ;-)). Problem could be that some plugins may not work with such a setup.
    The new theme planned will have at least swiping for the single image page. Not sure if for thumbnail pages as well (I personally don't mind multipages for these that much and I personally don't like loading via infinite scrolling ;-)). Problem could be that some plugins may not work with such a setup.
    galleriffic jscript has been a good solution for that: there was a mix between thumbnails and pictures.
    It have avoid to navigate between the pages of albums and images.

but it is not responsive.
    Just to note Galleriffic has not been maintained for years and as far as I remember already has issues with jQuery.
    I never had any issue with this script.
    It was wonderfull because, you can see the picture staying in album page, and in the same time, with pagined thumbnails.

The only matter had been when zenphoto change JQuery release.

I want to change now only because it is not responsive.