Uploading tiff files in zenphoto gallery

Comments

• Hello,
    I can tell you that I have php5-gd installed, in case of, because you mentioned GD previously.
    Since my server is not in production, I can reinstall my server completely if you want and then how to install php with imagick native.
    what do you think about it ?

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

I don't want anything. But you apparently want a feature like Imagick and don't have it yet, it needs to be installed. If you manage your own server it is your job ;-)

Zenphoto works on fairly standard configured (Apache) servers that shared hosts provide generally. It also works great with local server environments like MAMP, WAMP. Sorry, I never setup my own server so I cannot help you with that.

• Hello,
    I agree with you, it is my job to manage my own server.
    I would really like to be able to see tiff files from zenphoto because it has been imposed for this project( we have to many tiffs files to upload). If I cannot manage this point, I think I will give up zenphoto.
    I would like to install php with imagick native in order to reach this point.
    Can you advice me.
    If it can help I am ready to reinitialize my server.
    Please let me know.

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

I would really like to be able to see tiff files from zenphoto because it has been imposed for this project( we have to many tiffs files to upload)

I told you two ways how to more or less use tiffs. With class-anyfile you can use them already but need to provide web formats additionally if you like thumbs and preview images. The full image can be only provided as download if needed.

But if it is a website, convert them to web formats. Those are smaller and your visitors will appreciate that as well.

I would like to install php with imagick native in order to reach this point.
    Can you advice me.

As said I cannot help you with server configuration. Imagick is a native PHP extensions just like GD. So if you installed that it is probably similar. I don't know. Maybe you should get help by someone who knows how to setup servers.

• Do you mean it could be already OK without having to install something else I should just configure PHP in the right way.
    At this point can you help me to configure PHP correctly for imagick ?

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

edited November 2017

I cannot tell you if it could be okay already. It is your server, you should know what you installed, shouldn't you?

So what works on local ready made server setups like MAMP:
    Find your PHP version's php.ini file on your server and find something like ;extension=imagick.so. If you find this, remove the ;.

That would enable the extension if it is actually installed (which I cannot answer). You might need to restart your server.

Here my knowledge about servers ends. If that doesn't work, you need to install that extensions.

• Hello,
    Thanks for your answer, it is interesting.
    I am out of the office till next Tuesday, I'll check it and let you now about it.
    Thanks so much.

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

• Hello,
    I have edited my /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini config file.
    By the way, there was not this line:

;extension=imagick.so

I had to had the following line:

extension=imagick.so
    after the following:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; php.ini Options ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Nothing changes.
    So, I need to install that extension but how can I install it ?

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

edited November 2017

As said numerous times before I sadly cannot help you with installing native server things. I have never done this myself and let webhosts do that as their job.

I guess you server is booked from a webhost so maybe ask them for paid support on this.

• Hello,
    Thanks for your answer.
    I understand that you cannot help me for this point.
    But this question is also opened to any member of the forum who could help me.
    What about enabling GD instead of imagick in PHP ?
    Thanks anyway for your help.

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

Sure, anyone can help if he likes. Just answered because we talked here.

You can use GD but then you will have to follow the anyfile way in any case because that only supports jpg, png and gif.

• It is not really a problem.
    Please, can you advice me about GD

There is nothing to advice. GD is the default graphics library Zenphoto uses. Naturally if installed on the server…

• I have installed Zenphoto on my server, I am naturally using the GD default graphics library used by Zenphoto.
    What can I do to display my uploaded tiff Photo ?
    I have added the tif as "File suffixes to be handled"
    for the class-AnyFile plugin.
    I have the feeling I really need imagick to be enabled in the PHP config.
    Any other idea ?

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

edited November 2017

Please re-read the article about "sidecar/video thumbnails" I posted before.

• Hello,
    I have some news.
    At the end I can tell you that imagemagick is installed and configured on my PHP zenphoto server because on the back-end, now Under options---> Image, I can see Enable Imagick (I checked it of course).
    Probabily, it is because I installed php5-imagick and I edited
    php.ini to add the 2 following lines:
    [imageMagick]
    extension="/usr/lib/php5/20121212+lfs/imagick.so"
    The problem is that I still cannot display my tif uploaded pictures.
    Any idea ?

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

edited November 2017

It may very be that Imagick respectively ImageMagick underneath is not configured for Tiffs somehow.

Look what the overview page says about supported formats. For our site it says: supporting: bmp, bmp2, bmp3, gif, gif87, jpeg, jpg, png, png24, png32, png8, tiff, tiff64

And it works as you can see here: http://www.zenphoto.org/test/

• Here is what gives me the installation information page(overview):
    Graphics support: PHP Imagick library 3.1.2
    ImageMagick 6.7.7-10 2017-07-31 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
    supporting: bmp, bmp2, bmp3, gif, gif87, jpeg, jpg, png, png24, png32, png8, tiff, tiff64

Strange, it seems OK.

Best Regards.

MyAGzenphoto

Maybe your tiffs have some compression that your version of Imagick does not take or something else. Sorry, I have no idea. Maybe review your error logs once again.

• MyAGzenphoto Member
    edited November 2017

Hello,
    Please can you send me a tiff file that could work at the following E-mail address: mail address removed by admin

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Giuseppe Angelini

edited November 2017

You actually can download from the test album above yourself. Just click on the image on the image page.

I have removed your mail address as you surely don't want to invite spammers ;-)

• Hello,
    when I go your test album: ¨http://www.zenphoto.org/test/¨
    I am not able to download your tiff's files by right clicking and save as, I can only save it in jpg.
    I thing the fastest way will be to send it to me via E-Mail.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Giuseppe Angelini

You have to open the link in a new tab/window to bypass the lightbox overlay. Then you get the original tiff image. The sized image on the page itself is a jpg as it is converted on processing.

• Hello,
    Thanks for your answer.
    I am sorry but I am not able to save your test tiff file, even when I open the link in a new tab/window. I can only save it in jpeg.
    I thing you will have to send me the test file via E-Mail.
    I would really like to make this test.

Best Regards.

Giuseppe Angelini

• Hello,
    Thanks so much for this advices.
    Now, I could save your tests files in tiff.
    I could upload the tiff-with-lzw-compression.tiff and I can see it now.
    The other one is to big and I could not upload it.
    What about my old tiffs, do I have to convert it somehow before the upload.

Best Regards.

Giuseppe Angelini

We really cannot answer about your files. The upload limit is set by your server as is the memory/power available to process large images.

• Hello,
    concerning your tiff file without compressions, I have chane the "Maximum image size" parameter from 6000 to 25000 and I still cannot upload it.
    Is there an other parameter to adjust ?
    Concerning my old tiff files, maybe you can advice a converter windows or Linux Open Source ?

Best Regards.

Giuseppe Angelini

Sorry, I cannot help you with the image size. It's your server.

I cannot recommend Windows or Linux tools as I am a Mac user. But there are really loads of tools to resize image files.

• Hello,
    OK. I am more concerned with the tiff problem.
    About tiff conversion tools, can you advice me ?
    Best Regards.

Giuseppe Angelini