Setup related error

I keep getting the following error message every time I press apply when editing within Zenphoto. The whole thing crashed last night and had to re-install the program as couldn't access anything except the albums that were thankfully there. But lost all formatting and descriptions and album sorting etc.
Now I keep getting this message.
{352886:Tue, 28 Nov 2017 13:03:23 GMT} Zenphoto v1.4.14[f5b47da52feacae4e5e081b977e60ee0b2fe1bc5]

WARNING: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home12/amoswebs/public_html/zenphoto/zp-core/setup.php on line 26

chdir called from setup.php [26]

I have run setup restore from Overview page numerous times but it continues to be a problem.
Getting very frustrating!

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

What error message do you get when pressing apply? Seems that info is missing on your post.

Sorry that you lost your album descriptions but that sounds like the re-install was not done correctly, maybe using a wrong or different database accidentally. Then ZP will get everything fresh from the the file system. If you don't yet use the database backup plugin.

Did you check via FTP that the setup directory is really there? You can just reupload it from the archive you downloaded.

• When I press apply I get the message:

Zenphoto has detected a change in your installation.
    Your installation has moved from /home12/amoswebs/public_html/backup to home12/amoswebs/public_html/zenphoto
    The change detected is critical. You must run setup for your site to function.
    That message also appears randomly when viewing the gallery as well.
    "setup" is hyperlinked to the following message (log)

WARNING: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home12/amoswebs/public_html/zenphoto/zp-core/setup.php on line 26
    chdir called from setup.php [26]

The server path on the admin overview page is showing correctly as/home12amoswebs/public_html/zenphoto and there is a setup.php file under zp-core. Is that what you mean by the setup directory?
    In Line 26 of that file the code is as follows: chdir(dirname(FILE) . '/setup/');
    I had not done a backup but have now actioned the auto backup.

• I have located the first database through my control panel. Will this have the formatting and descriptions etc in it as it was before I had to reinstall? Can I link it to the new install and delete the new database?

Modify the config file within zp-data with the correct database credentials and re-run setup. If the albums folder has not been altered all should be like before.

• I modified the config file, but now I cannot access the admin to run setup or is there some other way to do that. I get the following message:

Zenphoto 1.4.14[f5b47da52f] has been copied over an unknown release.

That is actually the message that I had the previous evening when it all went down and couldn't figure out how to run setup without being able to access the admin overview.

edited November 2017

You really must have done something really wrong accidentally as above an error message already mentioned a move of the location.

Before proceeding please review this page if you haven't already:
    http://www.zenphoto.org/news/installation-and-upgrading/

It is a bit hard from the outside to tell what might have happened. But generally it is really quite easy…

• The rest of the message says: Fatal error: Call to undefined function getXSRFToken() in /home12/amoswebs/public_html/zenphoto/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 220

edited November 2017

That could be a file/folder permission error. I can only suggest to re-upload thte whole package at the desired location. Follow the instructions on the link above so you don't loose your albums folder!

• Okay I have worked a little further with it and have been able to restore the original database and get it working. Still have the original issue from the first database that it randomly displays the following messages when you click on albums or images at times and when viewing the album on the website:

Your server software has changed from Apache/2.2.31 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.31 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 to Apache/2.2.34 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.34 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Phusion_Passenger/5.1.11.
    Your database software has changed from PDO::MySQL 5.5.5 to MySQLi 10.0.31.

The change detected may not be critical but you should run setup at your earliest convenience.

This is despite pressing setup - restore scripts on the admin overview page numerous times when it appears.

If you cannot restore the scripts for some reasons (one might be permissions) re-upload them from the download package and try then.

• This isn't a webhost that executes the same content from a shared server pool or something is it?

I'd create an info.php file with:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

and put in the gallery's directory. Then when you run it, does the System and Build Date stay the same? Another option is to keep refreshing the Overview admin tab and see if the information on the left seems to change.

Anyway, way back when my site was with Network Solutions they had a system like this and one of the servers had the wrong system date which caused all kinds of issues.

The change detection as noted above is correctly triggering an setup run request. The PDO to MySQLi engine change might have happened via editing the setup files as you can choose which to use.

• Zenphoto was installed through my hosting server (installatron applications installer) and there does seem to be a few differences on the admin overview page from that showing on demos at this site. So it could be that the issues are resulting from the server. Using the setup - restore scripts on the admin overview tab doesn't seem to change any info on the left, makes the change notice go away temporarily but it returns shortly after. I actually don't have a download package on my computer as such but only what installed on my website through the server. They were quite helpful a few days ago in increasing the memory and upload limits etc so may see if they have any answers on this one too. Thanks for all the suggestions. Some I am not sure how to execute but will keep trying. At least I don't have to re-do all the descriptions, image sorts etc that it looked like I may have to do originally so am very pleased about that.

Sorry for the trouble. That's the reason why we note on our install page that we don't support install scripts like this. We're actually rather glad that your host at least provided the current version…

You can always download the package from our site and then re-upload via FTP to your webspace. If you don't know how or can't for some reason

• Glenda Member

It appears that the same problem has arisen again and my photo gallery can no longer be accessed through my website, nor can I access the admin to upload photos or run setup or is there some other way to do that? I get the following message:

Zenphoto 1.4.14[f5b47da52f] has been copied over an unknown release.

How can I run setup if I cannot get into the admin panel? I haven't been into zenphoto since January and went to go in to upload some photos and found it wasn't functioning.

I have zenphoto operating on 4 other websites with the same host server and it doesn't seem to have a problem there, so wondering what the answer is to this site.

• Glenda Member

I noticed that the error log is listing the following error:
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getXSRFToken() in zenphoto/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 220
    Here is line 220 of that file. Can you advise what is wrong and how it can be fixed?
    $l1 = '';

edited July 2018

If really 1.4.14 please try 1.5. That has a bug as well so the support build (soon to become 1.5.1) might be needed.

• Glenda Member

My host provider looked at the issue and it seems to have been resolved. Thanks.

Great! Thanks for the follow up.