Picture in Orientation

Hello I have some picture with the orientation :6: -90 degrés
and this pictures are not in the good way (horizontal an not vertical) how resolve this problem please

Comments

• I have the Zenphoto version 1.4.14 [f5b47da52f]

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited February 2018

Is the meta data correctly embedded for orientation? Does it happen with all photos or just some? Do you have the metadata field for orienation enabled on Options > Image > Metadata?

If you can a link to the image would be useful as well.

• fifiloulourou Member
    edited February 2018

thanks for the fast reply

http://www.raymond-liliane.les-rousseaux.fr/vases et fleurs/P1040191.JPG

here the link but the album is protected by password

in the metadata list the green circle is active for oritentation

the orientation :6: -90 degrés is write in the link at the botom of the picture detail with the hour of the picture

in http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi I see Orientation Rotate 90 CW

• I don't check all picture but all I see is orientation :6: -90 degrés

The link of course does not help of password protected ;-)

It would be good to have the image to reproduce. If you don't want to make it public, please contact me via our contact form. Also please check if this is the only image or if there are others. If it is the only one or just a few then it might be specific to these images somehow.

Btw, don't use image page urls like http://www.raymond-liliane.les-rousseaux.fr/vases et fleurs/P1040191.JPG but use a modrewrite suffix. This page will be rejected as a fake image by search engines as it is no image itself.

• I make the gallery in public mode
    you can access to the picture an there is other picture with the same problem
    I make gallery in private mode tonight

Thanks, seems I don't get the orginal image as you set it to be get a watermark. Might be that this change broke the orientation.

Sorry, I forgot: In any case you can manually rotate images on the individual image editing page.

• I think I havn't this problem with the previous version. this is possible?

• Copyright is disable.
    the small picture is not in the good orientation and the full screen have the bottom on top and top on bottom

edited February 2018

I don't know… I don't recall changes to the rotation function or exif handling in the last versions.

edited February 2018

Just looked last change to rotation according to our release posts was in 1.4.8 in 2015 and those were on request.

I fear for now you have to manually rotate the image on the edit pages.

I looked at the exif library. You photo seems to be from a Panasonic and its handler has the value 6 I see as Rotate 90 CW. In your case it is actually 270 degree to get it right (which would be 8 here). According to Exif specs it seems actually correctly handled that way.

• ok thanks

I do manually the change...

I am gladly learn if I am wrong here but either the camera uses the wrong value or Panasonic in general. We would need to have more Panasonic camera reports so we don't fix it for you and break it for all others…

• I have remove all picture
    I have turn the picture in the bad way
    I upload all picture now

• now before upload photo, I turn in the good way to have the good view
    thanks you can clos the ticket

It's of course a most pragmatic solution to upload photo that are already correctly rotated ;-) Sorry that I couldn't help more right now.