Ordering images by published date doesn't work

Hello, I'm having difficulty with ordering images on basis of publishing date. The parent album is set to order the images in reverse order of publishing date. Then I have two layers deep of subalbums. It doesn't seem to matter whether I have set them specifically to order on publishing date, or let them follow the parent album's sort order. The newesst image is displayed as thumbnail, but the pages themselves (using theme Ardoise) put the images in a seemingly arbitrary order.

I've tried to remake the albums. I read somewhere on this forum (but for a much older verions of Zenphoto) that once the image order has at any point been manually reordered, automatic sorting is disrupted. So I made new albums, set the sorting order, and copies the photos of the old albums into the newly made ones. If I add images to those new albums, Zenphoto still doesn't order them on basis of publishing date.

I'd appreciate help in this.

I use Zenphoto 1.4.7, installed via Softaculous, via cPanel.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    I think you misunderstand the publish date. The "publish date" is used for scheduled publishing, e.g. if you wish to publish an image automatically in the future. Otherwise it is NULL so no sorting possible.

The upload order is sorting by "ID" (= discover order). There is also a "date" field which is not the upload order either but either the file date or if set the data stored in hte image's metadata.
  • Dear Acrylian,

Indeed I had not understood that, or knew that ID is what is used for regulating the upload order. I changed it, and it now displays the way I want it.

Guess I didn't read the guides somewhere properly (if it is indeed mentioned somewhere on the Zenphoto site).

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    No problem! Might very well be that our docs are lacking in that area …