login redirects to url with folder duplicated

Hello,

When I use the login on my site, it does not redirect properly.

Example:
www.test.com/gallery
redirects to
www.test.com/gallery/gallery
as opposed to
www.test.com/gallery/index.php

Any thoughts on where I went wrong? Thanks in advance!

Pinback

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer
    Which Zenphoto version?
    Do you mean login to a protected album/gallery?
  • Version 1.4.1.6 (just downloaded last week)

Yes, I set the Guest password so that everyone would have to log in. Whether I use the Guest password or try to log in as another user, the scenario mentioned above occurs.

Thanks!
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Try setting the webpath manually within /zp-data/zp-config.php.
  • What theme are you using?
  • acrylian - I adjusted the webpath manually. It adds whatever I put in as the webpath as a prefix to the duplication.

sbillard - whatever the default theme is. I have not made any changes to it.

Thanks again!

Pinback
  • I'm happy to send the actual web site to any of you distinguished developers if you wish to see it fail in action. :)
  • Is it possible for you to try the 1..4.2 beta (nightly build)? I cannot reproduce the issue on that. Also were there any files that setup suggested be removed when you did the install? If there was an old "password_form.php" script in the theme that would be the cause.
  • Thanks sbillard. I temporarily fixed it by using the <Meta> tag where the redirect was pointing. Install did not ask me to remove any files. I'll try the latest build when I can and see if it fixes the issue. Thanks again for your help!
  • Ralf99 Member
    Hi sbillard,

i have the same issue as pinback.

I have ZP 1.4.2.4 [10045] with a fresh install. My Template is the "default".

I have 4 albums (3x are open and one has a protection)
    the one with protection is the problem when i click on it, the login-screen popup´s an i can put the right user and password in it.
    BUT then the "server" moved me to a invalid side?!!
    for example this is my gallery server path www.test.de/images/page/gallery
    then i click on a privat gallery (when i drive with the mouse hover i can see in firefox in the left bottom the right path!!) - login
    and i moved to this side: www.test/images/images/private

hmm what can i do?? is there a problem with my .htaccess and the rewrite??

oh i forgot the i didn´t have the file you call here for the problem: "Try setting the webpath manually within /zp-data/zp-config.php." ?? is this ok that i miss this file?? the only file i have is "/zp-data/zenphoto.cfg"?!

Thanks Ralf99
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    I can't answer the first part of your question but the zp-config.php file has been renamed to zenphoto.cfg a while back.
    You can open zenphoto.cfg with any text editor.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You probably indeed need to set the webpath manually. Some servers do require this for whatever configuration reasons.
  • Ralf99 Member
    Hi acrylian,

hmm sorry but this is not the solution for my problem.

my problem is again:

this is my gallery
    www.test.de/julia+ralf/page/gallery
    in there i have 4 folders/albums (3 without a password an one with a password)

the link to the album WITH password is
    www.test.de/julia+ralf/test/
    (Firefox show me the correct link in the left-down corner. Thats ok!)

But when i login to this "Test" Album with the correct user/password -

ZP bring me to this side
    www.test.de/julia+ralf/julia%20ralf/test

What can I do???

*If you need the Link to the ZP-Installation - let me know*
  • Sorry, but what exactly is your problem? Those links are equivalent.
  • Ralf99 Member
    Hi sbillard,

sorry but NO that links aren´t equivalent.

the right link to the password protected album is
    www.test.de/julia+ralf/test/

and zp go after the login to this "side"
    www.test.de/julia+ralf/julia%20ralf/test/
    (it repeat the "julia%20ralf")
    and so i get this message:
    "Das Zenphoto-Objekt, das Sie anfordert haben, konnte nicht gefunden werden" - it means "The Zenphoto-Object, that you request couldn´t be found.

And that´s my problem.
  • Ok, so the standard questions: What version of Zenphoto are your running. What theme? How was Zenphoto installed. See also the forum rules linked in the footer of this message.
  • Ralf99 Member
    Hi sbillard,

sorry i posted this information some postings above, so they are:

"I have ZP 1.4.2.4 [10045] with a fresh install. My Template is the "default".

I download the ZP.zip File, unpack it and upload it to my ftp-server - after that i run the install (with no errors).

I hope this are all information you need?
    Or did you need the URL or something else?
  • Well, we do not support version 1.4.2 any longer as 1.4.3 was released first of July. You might want to upgrade. I cannot reproduce your problem with the current software.
  • hello sbillard

i updated my version to 1.4.3 but the same problem continue to exist...

so i made some tests and i think i know now the problem!!

the problem is my root-folder!!! because when i install a fresh ZP on www.test.de/zenphoto/ -> all is OK
    also when i install ZP in this folder www.test.de/julia&ralf/ -> ALL is OK and the password protection work´s fine.

BUT when i install ZP in this folder www.test.de/julia+ralf/ -> especially look at the "+" in the folder name i get the errors from above!!

So now my question, how can i solve this?? Or is this a problem for the BUGTRACKER??

cu Ralf
  • Probably best to use bugtracker. This may take some research (and therefore time) to figure out. In the mean time, you can not use those characters in the album folder name. Remember that the album title can be set independently from the folder.
  • Update:

I cannot get folders with + signs in them to work at all on my install. It appears that the URL decoding of the browser will insist on making the + sign (no matter how encoded) into a space. Of course the folder then does not exist.

I think your only solution is to not have the + sign in the actual folder name.