Which version do I have?

Hello,

my site got hacked und was deleted by the provider. I still have a backup on my local server, but I cannot access the backend. How can I find out which version it is? I need to upgrade it.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Look at /zp-core/version.php.
  • Oh, thank you. Wonder why I could not find this. I have version 1.2.9. How can I update to the current version? Upgrade each version step?
    Please see: http://www.zenphoto.org/news/installation-and-upgrading#2
    Although direct upgrades from much older versions did mostly work we recommend to upgrade step by step to be sure, especially if you have several users.
  • Thank you! I will do that.

but I have an other problem. I can access the backend now, but I cannot navigate to any pages. I get 404 Page not found, although the pages do exist. It also occures, when I create new pages or albums. I have checked the file access, but that is not the problem.

Can you help me?

Sorry for extending this thread, I should rather start a new one...
  • Since you have been subject to the hack, the first step is to totally remove all the files from your site that may have been compromised. The hack does modify the .htaccess file, for instance, which could cause the 404 error.

There is a thread on this forum with some suggestions for cleansing your site. Sorry, I do not have time at the moment to search for it.

There is no need for you to upgrade each step from version 1.2.9. You should go directly to 1.4.1.6 or 1.4.2 to avoid possible exposure to the security problem exploited by the hack.
  • I have already deleted everything, this is my local copy I have reinstalled.

I have updated to 1.4.1.6 and the 404 error is gone. But I get error messages for outdated script I think:

Notice: normalizeColumns (aufgerufen von gallery.php Zeile 2) ist veraltet Verwenden Sie stattdessen die Bildeinstellungen für Bilder und Alben pro Reihe. in /home/e/s/estherschmid.ch/htdocs/portfolio/zp-core/zp-extensions/deprecated-functions.php on line 70

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/e/s/estherschmid.ch/htdocs/portfolio/zp-core/zp-extensions/deprecated-functions.php:70) in /home/e/s/estherschmid.ch/htdocs/portfolio/themes/esther_schmid/gallery.php on line 3

Notice: zenJavascript (aufgerufen von gallery.php Zeile 8) ist veraltet Verwenden Sie zp_apply_filter("theme_head"). in /home/e/s/estherschmid.ch/htdocs/portfolio/zp-core/zp-extensions/deprecated-functions.php on line 70

Is that because I updated directly?

This is the site: http://www.estherschmid.ch/portfolio
  • Oh shit, and I cannot enter the wp-admin. I'll search the forum for that...
    Your use a custom theme that requires to be updated. The error message tells you want to do actually. Or you just enable the deprecated-functions plugin. That of course is for the quick fix and not really future save naturally.

Regarding wp-admin: If you have been hacked you have to clear not only the Zenphoto install as the hacks most possibly spread over all that is on your server. As noted on the forum topics about this.
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    There have been some structural changes to the theme files.
    You are probably using an older or modified theme without those changes.
    Compare your theme files to one of the distributed theme files and you'll see for instance that the function normalizeColumns is no longer used.

There are also `<?php zp_apply_filter('theme_head'); ?>` to be used in the <head> section.
    `<?php zp_apply_filter('theme_body_open'); ?>` right after the opening body tag and `<?php zp_apply_filter('theme_body_close');?>` right before the
    closing body tag.
  • Okay, thank you. I will try to get my theme straight... !

The website was deleted by the provider, so I think there should be nothing left? The strange thing is, that I somestime get into the admin and than again I don't.
    Sorry, regarding the Wordpress install I cannot help you.
  • It's done! I made a copy of the updated version of zenpage which was the basic template I had customized. I used my style.css and did some minor changes and it does work now, including backend. I'm so happy. Thanks for your help!

Now I have some security questions for future pervention but I will search the forum and user guide first.

Thanks!