User Registration Address Fields

Hi

On my user registration form I have address fields. The problem I am facing is that all the letters are uncapitalised, e.g "street" rather than "Street".

I have searched through my ZenPhoto folders/files to find where to change this and have not had much luck. Please can you advise upon the location of this file?

Regards

Comments

• NB. Additionally on the log in form I want to change the text 'User' to 'Email' as my users use email addresses to log on. Please can you advise on the location of this file too?

Many thanks
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    All plugin files are within /zp-core/zp-extensions. As alway you should not modify files there but create custom files. For all plugins you can create custom forms to be placed within either the theme's folder or within the /plugins (user plugin folder). Please see the documentation of the plugin.

Do you use the native English of Zenphoto? I don't remember if the terms are all lowercase or not right now.
  • I believe I am using the native English of ZenPhoto. I keep looking for the files but I'm not having any luck. So far I've tried:

1. Problem of changing 'street' to Street' on the registration form - I've tried looking in zp-core/zp-extensions/register_user/register_user_form.php and zp-core/zp-extensions/register_user.php.

2. Problem of changing 'User' to 'Email Address' on the login form - I've tried looking in zp-core/zp-extensions/user_login-out.php.

Please help as at the moment problem number 1 looks unprofessional and number 2 is confusing for users.

Regards
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    1) If it is just the lowercase you can use CSS to change that as well.
    2) Sorry, my colleague is more familiar with the login stuff so hopefully he can help with that later.
  • #1 The address fields come from the comment_form plugin.

#2 Logon forms are done by the Zenphoto_Athority class.
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    1) ...zp-core/zp-extensions/comment_form.php

Starting from line 302 you'll see bits of code like
    `sprintf('street%s:',$required).`

Change `street%s` to `Street%s`
    Do this for all the address parts.

Like @crylian said it's best to make custom plugin and put that in the plugins folder.
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    2) You could try this jQuery/JavaScript snippet on the page you're calling the login form.

`

$(document).ready(function(){
    $("legend:contains('User')").text("Email");
    });

`
  • Great! Resolved both issues. Many thanks for your quick and efficient help.

Regards
  • don't even need custom plugin, just put the folder/file in your theme folder.