addon domain 404 not found error

Hi, I'm looking for some help - I have a website with my main domain which works perfectly, but my addon domain will not show up. I get the message
The requested URL /home/birdfly/public_html/www.inthemindsofcats.com/www.inthemindsofcats.com was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Yes I am pretty new to zenphoto but am trying to stick with it as I love the usability.
Any help, preferably in simple terms, would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, and I have tried a fresh install but it has not helped...

Comments

• To add some more info to my post, I have separate installations for my main domain & addon domain. I have used a unique prefix for each and they are both on the same database. I have not redirected my addon domain.
    Any help at all would be wonderful, thank you.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Domain configuration is actually not part of Zenphoto. You have to point a domain somewhere via your hosts server management tools. So if you want to run two domains with separate content on a server you need to point both individual folders on the webspace which each contain the related site. (domain1 -> folder1, domain2 -> folder2). Or both domains point to the same (which is another topic regarding "duplicate content" for search engines.)
  • Thank you for replying so quickly.
    The problem is not both domains commingling or duplicating, I fixed that by giving each their unique prefix. I have installed zenphoto through my host service for both domains so it is a quick and (suitably) simple installation. I have contacted my host provider to ensure my 2nd domain is set up correctly.
    I just cannot work out why my second domain is coming up as 'not found on this server' and additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. I have scoured the forums to no avail.
    Any possible suggestions (even little ones would be great....
    Thank you.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sorry, if you installed via any install service of your host you have to contact them about this. Zenphoto has nothing to do with the domains itself if installed correctly. You can surely have multiple installs on the same server.

Edit: Maybe the installer did not set the web path, try doing that manually in the config file within /zp-data.
  • Thank you acrylian for your responses, fingers crossed I will be up & running soon...
  • For anyone encountering the same problem, I found a solution which may help you also.
    To clear the error it was as simple as clearing my browser cache & cookies and voila - error gone!