Can ZP ignore a folder of my website

Hello guys,

I installed ZP in the root folder of my website. (maybe it was my first mistake...)

I'd like ZP to ignore a folder named /download, where I can upload some files (zip, pdf, wav...) that could be downloaded by visitors. But when I create the folder and put files in it, the navigator (safari, IE) displays nothing ! Where is the classic display of the content (name/last modified/size/description)

After many googling, I tried to upload some .htaccess in the /download folder :

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine off
</IfModule>

or :

RewriteEngine Off

... and I get an error 500 while accessing to the /download folder

Do you have a solution ?

Thank you very much

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Zenphoto installs fine in the root of a website. If that /download folder is in the root Zenphoto has nothing to do with it at all.

If the contents are not listed directly on accessing the folder you need to enable directory listing on your server. You may need to ask your host about if and how to do that. It is actually more secure to keep it disabled and recommended.
  • Thank you Acrylian !

I'm gonna ask ovh how to do that... but I'm not sure to want security problems ! That's weird, I remember that a few years ago the directory listing was always enabled.

I looked for extensions, but it seems there is no way to display wav or zip files in a theme by just uploading them.

Do you know a simple way to do that (maybe another CMS that I could install in my /download folder)

Anyway thank you for your answer
    Regards
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Zenphoot has a downloadlist plugin that can generate a download list of all files within a folder. That's what we use here for example: http://www.zenphoto.org/pages/older-versions-archive

But you will have to modify your theme to use that either on a custom theme page or using the codeblock of a Zenpage page if your theme supports the Zenpage CMS plugin. Otherwise please see the theming tutorial about that.
  • If you go back to your first idea and want to develop some stuff outside Zenphoto, you'll have to be careful with folder names so that you won't run into conflicts with the .htaccess file. For instance, I just checked that adding a folder named "downloads" will work; however, a folder named "albums2" won't.