Error moving to a new server...

Hi

I followed the instructions... As I see them.. about moving your Zenphoto instance to another server.

However when I run the setup I get...

Notice: Undefined variable: chmod in /var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 382 Warning: fopen(/var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-data/setup.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 385 Notice: Undefined variable: chmod in /var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 382 Warning: fopen(/var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-data/setup.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 385 Notice: Undefined variable: chmod in /var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 382 Warning: fopen(/var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-data/setup.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/photos/zenphoto/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 385

Wel.. Not too sure where I start with this one...

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I exported and imported my db

placed uploaded, themes, plugins, cache and albums into the new zenphoto directory on the new server (overwriting the existing ones?)
placed backup in www root

the run set up in the new zp-core...

Best wishes

Del

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    If you move an existing install you have to re-upload the setup file as they are always deleted after an successfull installation.
  • Hi

Yes I did that.

I downloaded the version that I'm using placed the unpacked zenphoto folder onto the new server, copied the albums, cache, themes etc to that directory then ran the setup.php in zp-core.

All got was the long error message as in my first post

Del
  • The messages you are getting are "down-stream" issues of somethign else, but also they have uncovered a bug.

The quickest fix would be for you to create a `setup.log` file in your zp-data folder.
  • Hello

After a struggle I finally moved my Zenphot instance to a new server.

conistonmedia.webhop.net/zenphoto

The frontage loads fine but any picture or album I select I get:

The requested URL /zenphoto/jands-vista-lighting-desk/jandsvista-14.jpg was not found on this server

(This is a sample jpg)

If I log in as admin all of my albums are there complete with all the correct pictures. Ive tried to change the theme to default. Same problem.

Here is a sample from the debug log in zenphoto…

{Fri, 02 Nov 2012 17:20:05 GMT} Zenphoto v1.4.3.3[10902]
    Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: zpmin_metatitle in /var/www/zenphoto/themes/zpminimal/inc-header.php on line 93
    include called
    from include (index.php [1])
    from index.php [92]
    {Fri, 02 Nov 2012 17:20:05 GMT}
    Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: cbscript in /var/www/zenphoto/themes/zpminimal/inc-header.php on line 133
    include called
    from include (index.php [1])
    from index.php [92]

Im at a loss as I have been through all of the admin tabs to look for something that might be out of place.

Any help?

Del
  • Hi

All fixed…. I think…

options > general

url options switched from mod_rewrite to UTF8

Thanks for your help….

Just 2 things.

1. The move didn't happen as per the instructions. I had to create zp-data with perms 777. The it worked. I think you have mentioned further up that this is a bug?

2. I have acquired over 1200 comments. I understand the bulk delete but that only does it by the page. How do I delete ALL comments in one hit?

Again thanks

Del
  • Hi

All fixed…. I think…

options > general

url options switched from mod_rewrite to UTF8

Thanks for your help….

Just 2 things.

1. The move didn't happen as per the instructions. I had to create zp-data with perms 777. The it worked. I think you have mentioned further up that this is a bug?

2. I have acquired over 1200 comments. I understand the bulk delete but that only does it by the page. How do I delete ALL comments in one hit?

Again thanks

Del
  • Reards #1, this is probably a server configuration issue. File permissions are tricky and some servers do not get it right. If you had to do the above--make the folder publicly writeable, then this is the case. Normally Zenphoto should be running as the same user as the owner of the files it uses. When that is not the case it causes this sort of problem.

for #2 you will have to use your mySql control pannel application. We have no delete-all comments feature.