Newbie -- Images not shown

Hi, I have uploaded images and edited their display (label, date) and settings and now face the problem that

* not all of the thumbnails are shown
* regardless of thumbnails shown or not, large numbers of the standard size images are not shown
* while the original size images *are* shown.

<http://grweb.org/photogallery/201210-kangaroo-island-south-australia/&gt;
This is true for all three test albums.

What could be the cause of this error?

Thanks, Gerhard

Comments

• After reading some more forum entries I had a look at the error protocol page, which has a long list of error messages.

These are the first few and the last four:

{Mon, 19 Nov 2012 07:45:27 GMT}
    Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: zpskel_social in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/themes/zpskeleton/gallery.php on line 37
    include called
    from include (index.php [10])
    from index.php [92]

Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: prev in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/themes/zpskeleton/inc-bottom.php on line 36
    include called
    from include (gallery.php [41])
    from index.php [92]

Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: prev in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/themes/zpskeleton/inc-bottom.php on line 37
    include called
    from include (gallery.php [41])
    from index.php [92]

{Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:55:39 GMT}
    Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: zpskel_social in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/themes/zpskeleton/album.php on line 66
    include called
    from index.php [92]

{Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:55:39 GMT}
    Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: prev in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/themes/zpskeleton/album.php on line 80
    include called
    from index.php [92]

{Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:55:40 GMT}
    Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: prev in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/themes/zpskeleton/album.php on line 81
    include called
    from index.php [92]

{Mon, 19 Nov 2012 11:54:23 GMT}
    Backtrace: NOTICE: Undefined variable: zpskel_social in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/themes/zpskeleton/album.php in Zeile 66
    include called
    from index.php [92]

=========================================

{Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:38:37 GMT}
    Backtrace: WARNING: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/zp-core/lib-GD.php on line 295
    imagecolorallocate called
    from zp_imageResizeAlpha (lib-GD.php [295])
    from cacheImage (functions-image.php [407])
    from i.php [216]

Backtrace: WARNING: imagecolortransparent(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/zp-core/lib-GD.php on line 296
    imagecolortransparent called
    from zp_imageResizeAlpha (lib-GD.php [296])
    from i.php [216]

Backtrace: WARNING: imagealphablending(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/zp-core/lib-GD.php on line 297
    imagealphablending called
    from zp_imageResizeAlpha (lib-GD.php [297])
    from i.php [216]

Backtrace: WARNING: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /mounted-storage/home107a/sub004/sc15995-SEUO/grweb.org/photogallery/zp-core/lib-GD.php on line 301
    imagecopyresampled called
    from zp_imageResizeAlpha (lib-GD.php [301])
    from i.php [216]
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The notices (undefined variables) are issues in the theme you have to fix yourself or contact its developer. Those should howerver not be involved in your image issues.

The warnings are hinting at problems with your images or your installation of the GD graphics libary itself.
  • Thanks, acrylian, for your reply, but I don't think it is a specific theme issue -- in a test with other themes I had the same problem.
  • The errors are from your GD library. Something is wrong with it. It is complaining that an object it just (presumably) created is not valid. So most likely it did not succeed in creating a simple empty image object.

Perhaps this is a memory issue, but unfortunately there is apparently no detail information provided by the library. You can check your CGI error log to see if there is any extra detail there.
  • Thanks, sbillard, can you tell me where to find the CGI error log?
  • I seem to have the same problem, standard install, didn't install any custom theme's yet or anything (only the google analytics plugin).
  • @SteMan79:

Same problem--same answer.

@baluo:
    Sorry, no. That is server depedent. Ask your provider.
  • No hints ? had a look in the debug log but that doesn't show anything.

Where can I find that error protocol page ? Any other logs I can have a look at ?
    My hosting doesn't provide anything usefull anyway.
  • You are out of luck if your hosting does not at least help you find the error logs. Without concrete information everything is speculation.

But If I must speculate, I would suggest you resize your image prior to uploading them to something "WEB sized", say 1200 x 1200 pixels max.
  • I seem to have "fixed" it. (my pictures are actually not that big, no more then 800x600 usually).

Anyway, after I changed "Image Size" from 595 to 200 under Options -> Theme it seems to work alright.
  • No luck for me -- in zpskeleton this option is not available, and if I change to the standard theme images are still not shown. Upon advise from my provider I have upped the memory limit to 128, but to no avail.

The whole thing started yesterday when I was editing the images individually (label, dates) and as album page (no comment). First I saw that only a few images were not being displayed and the number increasing, and now it seems to be almost all of them, apart from the first batch of about 11 <http://grweb.org/photogallery/201210-kangaroo-island-south-australia/cape-jervis-to-kangaroo-island/>. None of the later uploads seem to work, even though the upload itself worked out fine and the full size images can be accessed.
  • How about the CGI error logs? Any luck with that?
  • How can I find them?
  • Thanks for all your help, but I have decided to abort the program. There were too many issues to deal with, and I am not a programmer.

Gerhard
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You are giving in quite fast. You really should locate the server error log. Your provider needs to tell you where to find that. If he doesn't provide that to your you should consider moving to another host. Having access to that log is mandatory if you are using self hosting systems like Zenphoto (or Wordpress or whatever!).