Unable to create new album

Hello,

i have just installed Zenphoto gallery. while everything seemed to work just fine, i encountered a problem: i cannot create any album via admin page "album" tab.

if i hit new album, i get the pop-up for the naming, but when hitting OK, it takes me to a new blank page with a weird looking link and nothing else happens.

i have searched the forum, but could not find anything on this topic. has anyone else seen/fixed this?

here is part of the link for the new page: admin-edit.php?action=newalbum&album=&name=new%20album&albumtab=false&XSRFToken=86cb7be7201396bf2ab40e12b3a65f4b9f349d54

thanks for your replies.
Andrei

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Please look at your error logs.
  • Hi,

I have checked the error log, but there seems to be no error related to the creation of new album.

Do you have any other advise?

as a sidenote, i am able to create albums via uploading images menu, but that is not what i need.

thanks for your help
  • Well, if there were no error then yu would have not got a blank page. So one of two things must be the case. There is an error recorded in your server's error logs or you did not get a blank page.

Sory, but you will have to find that error if there is any chance of helping you on this.
  • aj Member
    I am having the same issue. Can you tell me where to find the logs.
  • aj Member
    I tried both manual and auto installs and still have the issue.
    There is an log tab on the backend for the Zenphoto logs. But you also need the server error log. You will need to ask your host for that if you don't know where they are.

Please post some details about your server configuration. I just encounter similar upload issues on my own host if set to PHP 5.4. There is some conflict with server security going on there as it does work with 5.3 on the same server (And 5.4 on my local server).
  • I have the same error with my fresh install.

In the log page it is written "Album access" is "Blocked" but the user is administrator (he has all the rigths).

PHP version is 5.3.16.

Thanks
    Again, review the server logs as well (error, access). Ask your host about those.

Also check permissions.
  • What is weird is that creating an album is possible with the HTTP image uploader (and still fails with the flash uploader and the manual creation of the album). No other error than "blocked" appears. I set the "albums" directory with the 777 permission still the same effects.
    I am sorry I have no idea. Might be the uploaders as two of them, jQuery and Flash/uploadify, are adapted 3rd party tools. It still might be some server security or another configuration issue.

Fact is that without any proper error message we cannot find out what it is...

I also need to contact my host to find out if they hopefully have an idea about all three not working in PHP 5.4 mode there.

We have an closed ticket on uploader issues which is closed because of lacking errors:
    https://github.com/zenphoto/zenphoto/issues/177

Feel free to join there with new info and/or reopen it.
  • my site has same problem, when adding new album, after click OK, then a blank page, nothing there,
    my site: jianphotos.com
    php: 5.3
    mysql: 5.5.??
    hosting at: hostmonster
    checked log file, no errors.
    please help
  • added one album, using Stibbons' method.
    but this is not a good solution.
    Sorry, unless there is a proper error we cannot help. It is still unsolved on my own host and I still think it is related to overly active server security. But I am no server expert.
  • I am having this same issue as well, just trying to test this out. Hope there is a fix soon, I am liking it so far
    Well, see my comment above. Unless we don't get more info we cannot do much.
  • It is still unsolved on my own host
    So, can't you debug it on your own server?
  • @bpedman:

No, if you have read this (probably you did not) you would realize that "his host" does not belong to him nor is physically located where he can access it. Rather it is a hosting service that hosts his public site.

But since you are having this issue, why don't you just debug it?
  • No, if you have read this (probably you did not) you would realize that "his host" does not belong to him nor is physically located where he can access it
    Sorry it doesn't say anything like that...or if that's what he meant it was unclear.
    But since you are having this issue, why don't you just debug it?
    Sure I can give it a shot. Just thought it would be easier for one of the devs to do it since they are having the same issue...kind of weird that the host doesn't allow access to modify the files? All I was going to do was throw in some echos to trace through.. will let you know if I can figure anything out
    @bpedman: It is not about the host not allowing to modify the files. All I get is a http error respectively a 500 internal error and that only under PHP 5.4. As noted above and in the ticket noted does all work for me under PHP 5.4 on my local server and under PHP 5.3 on the live server.

So we assume this is related to the server configuration. Especially since my live server has server security name Suoshin enabled that might not like PHP 5.4

It might be something else but we have no idea what so the help of the host is needed to solve this.

You issue might be the same or different. But we would appreciate if you find anything out
  • It is not about the host not allowing to modify the files. All I get is a http error respectively a 500 internal error and that only under PHP 5.4. As noted above and in the ticket noted does all work for me under PHP 5.4 on my local server and under PHP 5.3 on the live server.
    Oh, I see. OK, I didn't go read the ticket. Yeah I think this might be a different issue. When I try to create an album I get a blank page but I do not get a server error. The server actually responds with an HTTP 200...and after reading the first post I don't get a "weird link" or anything, I just get a blank page but I do get the same message in the security log that I am blocked from accessing the album.

Also, for extra info I am running PHP 5.3, Ubuntu 12.04 x64, Nginx with pretty much the same config as listed here: http://wiki.nginx.org/ZenPhoto
    Ok, blank page generally means a fatal php error that is tracked on the server normally (zenphoto's logs cannot since it is fatal).

I don't understand much of nginx so it might be that since we currently test only on Apache based servers. That will probably change soon as our coming new server will use nginx as well.
  • OK, I was able to setup xdebug (been a while since I played with PHP) and found the issue I believe.

This actually isn't a fatal PHP error. It is actually just forcefully exiting (calling exitZP()).

This is all happening in admin-edit.php. When I create a new album it sends a request to the server like this:

`/zp-core/admin-edit.php?action=newalbum&album=&name=new%20album&albumtab=false`

The problem here is the 'album' GET parameter. In admin-edit.php it checks if `isset($_GET['album']`. Technically the parameter is set but the value is empty. At this point it makes a call to instantiate a new Album object, but since the album parameter is empty it fails and then exits. For now I change the line to this: `if (isset($_GET['album']) && !empty($_GET['album']))` and it works now
    Could you maybe open a ticket with the exact line numbers?
  • Do not bother opening a ticket. First make sure you are running the current support release. Then again go back and check ALL your error logs if the problem persists.

Your link is a down-stream problem of a failure elsewhere.
  • I have the same problem with new albums, but was able to create one with:

uploadhandler flash

"upload" "images" select "create new album" and enter title
    select a image to upload ...