User cannot upload

I added a user and created an album for them. The user is the "owner" of the album, and they have upload rights, but not "Manage All" rights. But can't upload.

> To clarify:
Under "User" they have everything under Albums checked, except Manage All, under "Gallery" everything is checked, under "General" only User is checked.
Under Users -> Managed Albums, Edit and Upload are both checked for the primary album.

When I login with this user, I get: "There are no albums to which you can upload."
- They can't create any albums from the Albums tab, either
- Even stranger - They can create a sub-album, but *still* can't upload to it! o.O

The only way the user can upload, is if they have "Manage All" rights. But then, you know, they have manage ALL rights - which I don't want.

Am I missing something?

I don't want this to become a deal breaker. I switched to ZenPhoto from Lychee, specifically because I wanted a multi-user solution :)

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer
    Always complicated these user rights ;-)
    Under Users -> Managed Albums, Edit and Upload are both checked for the primary album.

Users -> Managed Albums -> is the checkbox for the primary album checked? (the box next to the album name)
    They can't create any albums from the Albums tab, either

That's because User -> Albums -> Manage all is not checked.
    Even stranger - They can create a sub-album, but *still* can't upload to it!

That I really don't understand
  • is the checkbox for the primary album checked? (the box next to the album name)
    -> Yup
    https://librenet.co.za/Screenshot.png
    can create a sub-album, but *still* can't upload to it!
    .. User logs in, goes to Albums tab, clicks on primary album name, clicks on 'New Subalbum' --> Works.
    .. Goes to Upload tab, still says: "There are no albums to which you can upload."

I just don't know where to go from here?

Thanks for the reply, btw ;)
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    Something looks very weird in the screenshot.
    I see 4 checkboxes next to each other for the primary album.
    That should be just 2 like all other albums.

I would probably run setup again to see if that solves it.
    But the first thing to do is to look in the debug log to see if there are any errors listed.
  • Deleted the installation and the database - reinstalled.

Appears to be working normally.

#ijustdunno

Thanx, Fretzl