remove username from login Form

Hi

I am about to launch a website where my users should be able to see the pictures of the last event they visited.

In order to make it as easy for the users as possible, i would like to modify the gallery logon box:
Only be able to enter a password. (No recovery Link, No username)
Today I use the gallery with no username and only password and it works fine. But I dont want to explain to everyone that there is no need to fill the username.

I found the "function printLoginForm" in lib-auth.php but I cannot figure out how to use the "if ($showUserField)" in Line 871.

Any help?

I also want to give a QR-Code and Link to the guests, is there a way to create a link to the album also containing the password already?
Something like mydomain.com/zenphoto/Event001/?="password"

Thank you and best regards
BigBear2nd

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    If you are referring to the general gallery password then you could setup your theme with a password page without the username. See the functiosn documentation of the passwordform function (you should find it via the user guide). If thise are user accounts the user name is of course mandatory.

Passwords of course cannot be transferred via url parameters. You could create a plugin to do so if you really need this.
  • Very interesting topic, there is useful information thanks. How did I not know about this before? It is very interesting to learn something new about http://prostitutesinchicago.com/