Upgraded: Now what? Couple of errors...

I finally started the upgrade this morning but I'm getting a couple of errors. Can someone please point to me how to get to the files to fix the error? On the zp-data folder it mentions, I can't seem to locate this. And how do I get to the PHP.ini? Thanks in advance.

Here's the link:
http://www.mlownie.com/gallery/zp-core/setup.php?autorun=gallery

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The first error tells you what it is and the others are follow ups because of that. You might need to set them via ftp manually.

About magic_quotes and register globals there is a note. You might need to do that with htaccess, a user.ini or a php.ini. If your host allows to disable these he will need you to tell which way.
  • Thanks acrylian. I took care of the first error. Now I'm getting a different error. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please click on link above. Thanks.
  • You should look at your setup.php script. The one from Zenphoto 1.4.2.4 has the following at line 476:
    `$register_globals = ini_get('register_globals');`
    Which cannot possibly generate the error shown on your site.

The other errors are all telling you that your server configuration is not allowing Zenphoto to make the modifications it needs to make to the various files.

Is this install possibly on a WAMP installation? If so the probem may be the PHP 5.3.10. That has variously failed for me with the 64bit WAMP with no error indications. Running PHP 5.3.8 has always been successful.
  • Hi sbillard - thanks for the comments. As a matter of fact, it is PHP 5.3.10. How can I have the host run PHP 5.3.8? Or is it something I can ask them about?

Well, I set it back to the way it was at line 476. Now I get the original errors.

Thanks.
    First you really need to fix the permissions issue. Regarding register globals and magic quotes you might need to contact the host if it does not allow disabling them.

My live server runs on PHP 5.3.12 sucessfully so I suggest to upgrade and not downgrade. However, you don't have a WAMP server live on the net, right? Those are primarily meant for local servers (for my MAMP it is even not recommend to use them for live servers).
  • What is the latest build of zenphoto that does not require the "register_globals" to be off? I ask because there seems to be no way to change the setting at my ISP.

Mike
    Did you ask your host? It would be really better to look for another host...

I don't think there is one at all and if only really ancient ones we cannot recommend to use. Feel free to try from the archive but note we support only the current one if you run into trouble.
  • If your host will not change this you really do need to look for a better, MORE SECURE, host. Having `register_globals` ON is a serious security compromise.