Videos

Hi is there anyway to add a video link to an album ?

Castro

Comments

• Hi Castro,

If you have a look in the functions.php in the zen folder, you will find some code which essentially looks at whats in your images folder, and then displays it, if the file format is one which is 'allowed'. You can edit this to include for example quicktime file extentions .mov then it will display .mov files as a link to the movie.mov file in your gallery folder.

However to display the files properly one would need to include some html: an embed and object tag. Probably this would be simple to implement and wouldn't create the bloat that Tris is trying to avoid, but I dont know how to do this, maybe it could be a plugin?

hope this is helpful.

Simon
  • ok i got a little inspired to try this out - I suddenly thought of a project a friend asked me about this could be a simple solution.

so, the way to do it is to add some code into the theme. if you modify the image.php file:

<div id="image">
    <object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" width="320" height="256" id="320x240" name="whatever" align="middle">
    <param name="controller" value="true">
    <param name="src" value="<?=getFullImageURL();?>">
    <param name="autoplay" value="true">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
    <embed src="<?=getFullImageURL();?>" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="320" height="256" name="whatever" align="middle" type="video/quicktime" autoplay="true" controller="true">
    </object>

" title="<?=getImageTitle();?>"> <?php printDefaultSizedImage(getImageTitle()); ?>
    </div>

then quicktimes will show and play. this is only me playing around, and of course it messes the ordinary image display up.

I think maybe if you created a theme with a video.php and you altered the admin so you could secificy it was a video and therefore to include the video.php bit of the theme instead of the image.php then you would be away!

if you had multiple formats then you would have to make multiple video.php files ie quicktime.php,
    wmp.php realplayer.php

ok. i may try to go further with this when i get a moment. keep you posted.

any comments anyone?

Simon
  • I would be very interested in this. I am so grateful to y'all for how easily customizable ZenPhoto is. I think I'm going to try to implement this on my site.

The trick is really determining the size. I will need to play around with it but I know the videos I have to display are of a couple of different sizes. PHP can't really determine the height/width of a movie so I wonder if putting no height/width in will display it fine. Or just go for an absolute max.
  • Woah! Yes! Hopefully that can get added in as soon as the new wiki is posted.