Questions for the Admins

Is it possible for this forum to allow editing or marking a post as Solved? If not now, it would be a good idea for the future.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sorry, not by normal users. We admins/moderators can close topics but rarely do actually.

Besides that we won't probably stay that long on this forum software to work on any extensions. The standalone bbpress forum has been abondoned by its developers in favour of being a Wordpress only plugin. Since we abandoned WP some time ago we will switch to another hopefully later this year if we manage that.
  • Please keep us posted of any development... in the mean time should I go with bbpress? Any suggestion is much appreciated
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sure, we will announce when this gets hot. Will take some time though. bbpress is a nice tool but as said standalone without Wordpress it does not have any future. I would love someone to fork it so we can keep using it (migrating is a bit of work I could live without!). So unless you are using Wordpress I probably would not recommend to use it now. (Although labeled as legacy it seems there is still some development on the 1.x standalone branch)

We are planning to migrate to this http://vanillaforums.org. Basically because it has a bbpress importer available.
  • Thank you for the info Acrylian...