A strange little anomaly

I installed latest ZenPhoto on my site with Zenpage theme. Customized the theme. Uploaded it as a NEW theme called lemons. When I select lemons as the theme, then the album thumbs don't work anymore. This happened on two sites. I couldn't see that I'd done anything weird to the code.

So, after messing with code a whole lot I tried a different approach to fixing it. I renamed the folder for the original Zenpage theme and THEN renamed my lemons folder as zenpage. And, the album thumbs started working just fine after that.

I haven't had problems installing custom themes on previous versions, this was a new one on me. But maybe I'm not doing something right when I create my own theme, and previous versions were just more forgiving.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sounds indeed like an anomaly. Actually its should work like you did it. If you like to help to investigate you could try to reproduce the issue once again. And if you can please open a ticket on the bugtracker so we don't forget to investigate in case this is indeed a bug.
  • What do you mean by "album thumbs don't work anymore"?
  • All I get are little teeny white boxes instead of thumbs. When I click on one of the little boxes, then I can move on to the image page. But the Thumbs don't come up on the album pages.

I set up three new sites with the latest version of ZenPhoto, and I had the same issue on all three. I did a lot of messing around trying to "fix" whatever I'd done wrong with the templates. I uploaded a "pure" version of the zenpage template into my lemons folder and it still wouldn't work.

Finally I uploaded one of my custom templates from version 1.4.2 and THAT works fine. The album thumbs and everything work fine. But not with a custom 1.4.3 zenpage template.

If I change the folder name for the 1.4.3 template to anything other than zenpage, then the album thumbs disappear. I've messed with this enough that I think I've confirmed a bug.

And, one other thing... I also MUST use the ZenPage name in the Theme Description file apparently. I haven't been entirely able to research this one, but Adsense was not working on all my pages until the NAME of the theme was changed back to ZenPage as well. Adsense worked on Albums but absolutely would not come up on Image or Gallery. It seemed that all my template problems disappeared once everything was "ZenPage."

And a third thing: I'm getting persistent errors that my passwords don't match. When I save things. The items I'm saving ARE saved and the changes ARE applied, but it pops up with this error about half the time. I tried "reverting" the security feature but that didn't help.
  • I put this info on the bugtracker: I started a ticket. :)

Since I have my site working fine, I have no worries. But I thought I should tell you what I learned.