No output on Debian Wheezy after inputting MySQL info in setup.

I'm trying to install Zenphoto 1.4.3 on Debian Wheezy. At first I got errors that various files couldn't be opened, but this was resolved by chowning the entire installation to www-data. Then I set up a MySQL database:
`
mysql> create database zpdb;
mysql> grant usage on *.* to zpuser@localhost identified by 'zppwd';
mysql> grant all privileges on zpdb.* to zpuser@localhost ;
`
The Zenphoto setup page loads in my browser, everything looks good except a warning about relaxed file permissions, and that no database is selected. However, once I enter the MySQL information and click Save, everything disappears and I get nothing but a blank page from Zenphoto after that. No entries are produced in `/var/log/apache2/error.log`, either. `/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini` has `display_errors = On` and `error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT`. Any idea what I am missing here?

Comments

• Has Zenphoto created a setup log? If so, what is in it?

Blank pages generally are the result of catastrophic PHP errors. But those should have been logged somewhere. Perhaps your PHP errorare not going in the apache error log, but somewhere else.
  • BlueG Member
    Here is the content of `/zp-data/setup.log`:
    Zenphoto Setup v1.4.3[10393]: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:16:15 +0000
    Warn: If file permissions are not set to strict or tighter there could be a security risk. However, on some servers Zenphoto does not function correctly with tight file permissions. If Zenphoto has permission errors, run setup again and select a more relaxed permission.Set File permissions to readonly (0444) strict (0644) relaxed (0664) loose (0666)apply.

I wrote a php file on the same virtual host to deliberately generate a php error and it was logged to `/var/log/apache2/error.log` but nothing is getting logged when I attempt to access Zenphoto and get a blank page.
  • Try running setup again but add `?debug` to the URL. This will put more information in the setup log.
  • BlueG Member
    Here is the new `/zp-data/setup.log` when I reinstalled and used `/zp-core/setup.php?debug` to run the setup. As before, once I enter the MySQL date and click save, all I get is a blank page.

Zenphoto Setup v1.4.3[10393]: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 03:59:26 +0000
    Primitive environment
    Pass: Installing Zenphoto v1.4.3
    Pass: Log security
    Pass: PHP version 5.4.4-2
    Pass: PHP Sessions.
    Pass: PHP Register Globals
    Pass: PHP Safe Mode
    Pass: PHP magic_quotes_gpc
    Pass: PHP magic_quotes_runtime
    Pass: PHP magic_quotes_sybase
    Pass: PHP gettext() support
    Pass: PHP mbstring package
    Pass: zenphoto.cfg file
    Warn: If file permissions are not set to strict or tighter there could be a security risk. However, on some servers Zenphoto does not function correctly with tight file permissions. If Zenphoto has permission errors, run setup again and select a more relaxed permission.Set File permissions to readonly (0444) strict (0644) relaxed (0664) loose (0666)apply.
    Pass: PHP MySQL support for configured Database
    Fail: No database selected
    Pass: Zenphoto core files
    Pass: .htaccess file (RewriteEngine is ON)
    Pass: .htaccess RewriteBase is /MediaGallery (fixed)
    Pass: robots.txt file
    Pass: albums folder
    Pass: cache folder
    Pass: locale folders
    Pass: uploaded folder
    Pass: zp-data folder
    Pass: HTML cache folder (cache_html)
    Pass: Third party plugins folder (plugins)
    db POST handling
    Updated configuration file
  • The most likely thing that would be happening is that the `.htaccess` file is created in the timeframe that this log stopped.

Others have reported an issue with the `IndexIgnore *` line in `.htaccess` if the apache autoindex_module is not enabled. Perhaps this is a problem for Debian as well. You can try removing that line from the file
  • BlueG Member
    I tried commenting out the `IndexIgnore *`, but it didn't change anything. Then I check in `/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/` and it appears autoindex actually is enabled anyway.
  • There still may be a .htaccess problem. Try making an empty .htaccess file and see what happens.
  • BlueG Member
    I tried creating an empty .htaccess file and I still get no output.
  • please review http://www.zenphoto.org/trac/ticket/2204#comment:37 and see if you think anything might apply in your case.
  • Hi, I faced exactly the same problem too. Once I key in the database info and hit "Save" button. It turn out a blank page. Any idea how to solve this?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    First tell what the error log says.
  • Gentoo Linux

zenphoto 1.4.3.1
    MySql 5.1.56
    PHP 5.3.8

The same behavior here, blank page after applying DB credentials.
    Apache error log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zp_graphicsLibInfo() in /zp-core/functions-basic.php on line 190
  • It would appear that your configuration includes neither the GD graphics suport nor the Imagick support.
  • zenphoto 1.4.3.1
    Server version: 5.5.25-cll MySQL
    PHP Version 5.3.14

The same behavior here, blank page after applying DB credentials.
    Apache error log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zp_graphicsLibInfo() in /zp-core/functions-basic.php
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    @Mistral: You did read the answer from my colleague??