1.4.3 Upgrade - Cannot Login

I am attempting to upgrade to 1.4.3 and after running setup, I am completely locked out of my galleries.

The error message I am getting is "There was an error logging in. Check your user name and password and try again."

I am completely sure my user name and password are correct.

The methodology used to upgrade was:

-Download ZIP of 1.4.3 to local laptop
-Unzip on laptop
-FTP upload of zp-core, plugins, and themes folders
-Ran setup from elotono/zp-core/setup.php per instructions.

Please assist me with this as I have critical photos and text files. Thanks.

Comments

• Follow the troubleshooting guide on "forgotten passwords".
  • Can you refer to this troubleshooting guide's link? I cannot find it.
  • So to be clear, the solution is to delete the Admin table and re-run setup.

Is that correct?

Furthermore, I am not clear about which line in the htaccess file to uncomment (ie remove the hash tag.) Is it:

RewriteRule ^index\.php$ zp-core/zp-extensions/site_upgrade/closed.html [NC,R=302,L]

-or-

RewriteRule ^$ plugins/site_upgrade/closed.html [NC,R=302,L]

Notice also that I adjusted the path in line 15 to reflect where the file is actually located. Is this correct?

Thank you.
  • I dropped the Admin table and reran setup (re-uploaded the setup php script to the core folder.)

I got a clean page with the Go button, clicked, and then was taken to a 500 Internal Server Error page.

Any thoughts on why I got the 500 error?
  • Here is an update:

I can go to the root page without a problem, that is http://www.immaculatemoney.com

However, I still get the HTTP 500 error when going to the directory in which I have had ZP located, that is http://www.immaculatemoney.com/elotono.

Are there any clues to look for in the htaccess file that could explain this?

[strong]EDIT[\strong]

Here is the change log:

[blockquote][25-Jul-2010 06:26:17] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4433
    [25-Jul-2010 06:37:55] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4423
    [25-Jul-2010 06:37:55] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4423
    [25-Jul-2010 06:42:11] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4432
    [25-Jul-2010 06:42:11] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4432
    [/blockquote]
  • check your file permissions and try without the .htaccess file. 500 errors are caused by the server refusing to serve up the page.
  • Sbillard,

Many thanks- I will check now. I know that they were set to 666 level. Should I do 777 for the .htaccess file?

For now, I will delete htaccess (after backing up) and post my findings.
  • The errors you post are an indication of a corrupted FTP upload. Those lines in 1.4.3 cannot cause the errors shown. A corrupted upload could also cause the 500 errors.

The file permissions are correct for the files presuming your server does allow them. You can try 0777, but many servers consider that too loose and will give errors. Sorry, but this is a server unique thing. Well behaved and configured servers work with 0666. For all others you have to experiment.
  • The problem is definitely in the htaccess file:

/home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/.htaccess: Invalid command 'htaccess', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Here is my htaccess file, please assist me in correcting:

htaccess file version 1.4.3.1;
    # When Zenphoto requires changes to the rewrite rules:
    # First make a copy of this file as 'oldhtaccess' in the zp-core folder so setup can test for unmodified files
    # Update the above and the define in setup.php

IndexIgnore *
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /elotono

# Redirection for site updates--remove the comment crosshatches from the following rules
    # "closed.html" in the plugins/site_upgrade folder is the target for the rewrites. You can change
    # this file to suit your needs.
    # RewriteRule ^index\.php$ plugins/site_upgrade/closed.html [NC,R=302,L]
    # RewriteRule ^$ plugins/site_upgrade/closed.html [NC,R=302,L]
    # End redirection for site updates

RewriteRule ^admin/?$ zp-core/admin.php [R,L]

#Rewrite rules for replaced ?RSS-xxx query parameters
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^rss-(.*)&
    RewriteRule ^index\.php?$ index.php?rss=%1 [NC,L,QSA,R=301]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^rss-(.*)$
    RewriteRule ^index\.php?$ index.php?rss=%1 [NC,L,QSA,R=301]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^albums/?(.+/?)?$ $1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [L]

##### put no rules before this line #######

#rewrite rule for tinyURLs
    RewriteRule ^tiny/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=$1&t [L,QSA]

RewriteRule index\.php$ index.php [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?page=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)/?$ index.php?p=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?album=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/page/([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)/?$ index.php?album=$1&p=$2 [L,QSA]

#### Rewrite rule addition for search
    RewriteRule ^page/search/fields([0-9]+)/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=search&searchfields=$1&words=$2&page=$3 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/fields([0-9]+)/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=search&searchfields=$1&words=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/archive/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=search&date=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/archive/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=search&date=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/tags/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=search&searchfields=tags&words=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/tags/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=search&searchfields=tags&words=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=search&words=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^page/search/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=search&words=$1 [L,QSA]
    #### Rewrite additions for zenpage
    RewriteRule ^pages/?$ index.php?p=pages [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^pages/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=pages&title=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/?$ index.php?p=news [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=news&page=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/category/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=news&category=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/category/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=news&category=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/archive/(.*)/([0-9]+)/?$ index.php?p=news&date=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/archive/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=news&date=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^news/(.*)/?$ index.php?p=news&title=$1 [L,QSA]
    ####
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/image/(thumb|[0-9]{1,4})/([^/\\]+)$ zp-core/i.php?a=$1&i=$3&s=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/image/([^/\\]+)$ zp-core/i.php?a=$1&i=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/album/(thumb|[0-9]{1,4})/([^/\\]+)$ zp-core/i.php?a=$1&i=$3&s=$2&album=true [L,QSA]
    ####

# Catch-all - everything else gets handled in PHP for compatibility.
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/?$ index.php?album=$1 [L,QSA]
    </IfModule>
  • I added back the setup files and the 500 error went away; it allowed me to initiate setup again, up to the point of clicking GO button.

I got the same error:

[25-Jul-2010 06:26:17] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4433
    [25-Jul-2010 06:37:55] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4423
    [25-Jul-2010 06:37:55] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4423
    [25-Jul-2010 06:42:11] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4432
    [25-Jul-2010 06:42:11] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in /home3/immacul2/public_html/elotono/zp-core/template-functions.php on line 4432

From what I can glean from this, the password redirect is not loading properly.

Please Note: I have Zen in directory called elotono, NOT ZenPhoto.

Does this require me to make adjustments before I hit the GO button?
  • the .htaccess line `IndexIgnore *` does not work on some installations. Remove it.

As said before, the other errors are not possible with the 1.4.3 `template-functions.php` file unless it has been corrupted.

The name of the folder where you install Zenphoto does not matter.