ZPBase and ZPBootstrap

Hi,

I have made some modifications to this theme - see an uncomplete list at the bottom of this post.
My question at this point (because some people ask for that):
Is it allowed that I send my modifications to those who asked for that. Or is it allowed to post a download link to those modificated themes on my website?

Here are some of the changes I have done:
ZPBootstrap
Google Maps added to the image page

ZPBootstrap and ZPBase
Theme switching links added at the bottom of the gallery homepage

ZPBase
Rating disabled on the album pages

ZPBase
Comment block displayed with an accordion effect (like Bootstrap)

ZPBase und ZPBootstrap
Link to full image (Colorbox) added

ZPBase und ZPBootstrap
Footer modified - with a few other thinks the footer now has a link to a dynamic album which displays all images of the gallery

ZPBase
'ShareIt' icons added to the sidebar (News and articles)

ZPBootstrap
News/Articles now support the 'Featured Image' plugin

Cheers
Ralf

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Yes and yes ;-) The GPL v2 or later licence all themes are under being derivative works from Zenphoto does allow basically everything. As long as you leave all original author/copyright notes intact and release under the same conditions. If you make modifications on request of others you can even charge them for that (just to note ;-)).

Before you provide download links:
    Both themes are on GitHub. zpBootstrap is somehow outdated and not the latest version Vincent offers on his site for some reason.

Best would be to fork those and offer the changes via pull requests (or send them directly, they will surely see it here). Maybe the authors agree to them. Would avoid confusion with several theme versions. If it is just some feature we cannot add them to our theme section.
  • This are good news :-)
    That's the principle of free and open source software :-)
  • vincent3569 Member, Translator
    hi
    my GitHub repositories are not updated since I don't have installed GitHub on my my PC :-(

Ralph, you can make a pull request with all your features, or, best may, send my a message to give me a link to your modifications.
    I will have a look on it.
    @Vincent: Do you have any problem with that? There is a convenient Windows client if I am not mistaken? I can do a pull request will your updated theme if that helps you for now.