Libritus Related Items

Hi,
as mentioned in my previous post I have noticed that it takes a while until the map is loaded on the image page.

Things speed up if I disable the related items plugin because Libritus has no option to limit the numer of related images.
It would be great if there would be an option for this.

I have solved the problem by adding:
if (++$count == 22) break;
to the image.php but this is probably not the most elegant way.

Ralf

Comments

• Agreed. I will add a limiter option
  • Great,

if you want to see the theme in action:
    http://ralf-kerkhoff.de

Its with a modified footer and the limited number of related images.

BTW:
    The navigation at the top , Next image, next album etc will overflow the surrounding boxes when you decrease the browser window - just before they change the position under the image.

Ralf
  • Ok I have made this addition, as well as another count for the main stat pages - in Master on Github
  • Hi,

great - thank you, works without problems :-)

A few things I noticed - some of them are a wishlist :-)
    The count of for example Related images is displayed as the total number of related images found.
    Maybe this parameteer should correspond to the limit entered in theme options. Just as an idea.

With the featured image plugin enabled and the default values (1400 width of site and 800 px image size) the featured images in the full articles are surrounded by a grey 'marquee'.
    Workaround: Manual edit of themeoptions.php and entering a value of 920px for the image size.
    920 is quite large for an article image but this size fits perfect.
    Maybe it is an idea that the image size is dependent on the width of the site set in the themeoptions.

It would be great if the limit of the related items could be set independant for albums and images.

Google Adsense support would be great

Thanks again for this fanctastic theme :-)

Ralf
  • 1. Yeah this title is now confusing so I just removed the count there.
    2. OK I did what you suggest based on site width. Keep in mind though you will still not get a perfect size image when they are portrait images...
    3. Sorry - Option bloat, do not think is necessary.
    4. Sorry - not applicable you will have to implement yourself.
  • Hi,

thanks a lot - again.

Two more little things:
    Although I have set "show date of images" - no date is displayed on the image.php.
    If I remove the if statement the date will be displayed:
    <div><i class="fa fa-calendar fa-fw"></i> <?php printImageDate(); ?></div>

The second one is another wish:
    Is it possible to choose a specific folder for the frontpage slideshow ?
    Most of my images are 1024x680 px and the increasing of the size looks ugly with some images.
    I know that I can re-upload my images in a larger size to solve this - but i am a little bit limited with the server quata.
    If it would be possible to choose images from a specific folder, I could upload larger sized images only for the slideshow.

Ralf
  • That was a typo in the image date variable - fixed. I planned on adding your other request eventually, just trying to get this released. Stay tuned.
  • Hi!
    I wanna to ask about sidebar and pages.
    1. How to add banner on sidebar befor facebook, twitter links? What file it must edit?
    2. I wanna to make a page with rules and insert link in sidebar. How to make this page using this theme?
  • Hi,

I would modifiy the file 'inc-socialshare.php' because this file is loaded always.

I have done that on my site:
    en.ralf-kerkhoff.de

Above the social icons you the the 'legal notice' link. this was done just by adding the link right before this line:
    div id="social-share"
  • Thanks for the help, but I still have two questions.
    I can not open your specified site - "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access / on this server".
    And about page "About site", "Rules". What page I could use as a blank - index.php?
  • Ralf Member
    Hi,

I don't understand the question to be honest. You can create a page within Zenphoto.

For the permission error: From which country do you try to access the site? I have blocked some ip ranges.
  • from russia
  • Is it possible to display on main page (not only in footer) - latest albums? How to change it?
  • Ralf Member
    In the main body of the home page where the thumbnails are displayed you can only display images.

Displaying thumbs for albums there is not possible without changing the code.
    You can have look how this was done for the footer in the code and then try to change it for the main body.