Thumbnails/pictures not showing

Have been using zenphoto for a few years on a basic level and have been quite happy with the results. Just did a fresh install as pictures were not showing after being uploaded. Uploading seems to take place but can only see file names and not the actual pics.
Keep getting errors like this...
{30775:Sun, 07 Jul 2013 10:23:22 GMT} Zenphoto v1.4.5[5cffbe455efd7b3c2579eaaaf8e6fac91dd878c7]

WARNING:
getMaxSpaceContainer called from printAlbumThumbImage (template-functions.php [1581])
from include (index.php [32])
from include (index.php [112])
from index.php [15]
{30775:Sun, 07 Jul 2013 10:23:22 GMT}

Please tell me if there is a simple remedy as if it is too advanced I will just have to use some type of simple alternative.
Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• ps. have searched forums & googled nearly all night to no avail.
  • I am wondering if there is some plugin that I should/should not have ticked??
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    What theme?
  • It is a copy of default with a few cosmetic changes. I have also tried it with the other themes and still the exact same problem.
    Please check if the thumb options on the theme. GEnerally this could be a file folder permissions issues. There should be more errors then.
  • Have checked, and the thumb options all look good. If it is a file folder permissions issue is there a simple way to resolve this?
  • I have two different websites both running off the same copy of default theme. The other site is still uploading pictures with out fault...
    If the websites are even on the the same server something is clearly wrong and you need to find out what. Regarding permissions please see the user guide.
  • The websites are both run through zenphoto and each are running off a separate copy of default which has the same changes applied. I will try the user guide for permissions help and if I find the problem will note it here.
    Thank you for your time acrylian.
  • Problem resolved after 24 hours of trying, a simple solution finally was found!!
    The remedy for me was to ask my hosting provider to run a permissions fix on my account. Immediately my images were visible on upload. (yes acrylian a permissions problem)
    Hope this is of help to anyone facing the same nightmare :)