Messed up admin rights

I made the only admin a member of a group by accident and now the admin has very limited rights. As I have no other admin login is there a way to reset the admin rights?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You have to delete the administrators table in your database.

Could you also create a ticket about what you did exactly. My colleague knows more but I am not sure if this is supposed to happen. I think if there is only one admin it should always have full admin rights. Thanks.
  • Unfortunately, after deleting the table I cannot get back into zenphoto at all, just a blank screen staring at me. Instead I did a reinstall and recovered my database form backup. All working again. I have no idea how to create a ticket, but this issue should not be allowed
    You probably did delete the whole database and not just the table. In that case Zenphoto would have requested to re-run setup and urge you to re-upload the setup files.

Since you are new, a blank screen means a serious error. If you get that you need to look into your server error log if you wish us to help. Otherwise we guess.

Opening tickets is easy, just registser on the bugtracker and the rest is actually selfexplanatory.
  • I'm not 'new', I just never registered as I never had the need to. I didn't delete the db at all, just the table. But as that didn't work for me, I just did a reinstall and it worked fine.
    Ok, then the error causing the blank page would have been interesting. There should be no need to re-install everything.
  • You still have to run setup after deleting the table.

But more interesting is that if there is only one user he should have full rights no matter what shows on his rights list. If that is not happening with the group membership that is indeed a bug.
  • I have jsut checked this out. Zenphoto does indeed apply full rights to the sole admin no matter what group he belongs to. In my test I made him part of the "bozos" group which has absolutly no rights. Did not matter, the admin could still do everything including change the group back to "administrators". He is noted as the "master" as well.

The general rule of thumb is that there will always be a "master" administrator. If you do something to the current "master" administrator to demote him then the user with the most "rights" will be promoted to master. (This could be the user you demoted if he still has the most rights--which would be the case if he were the only user.)