Users unable to login

http://tsiproducts.com/media/

Upon entering the username and password, a "connection was reset" or "this page isn't working" message appears depending on the browser.

I am able to login to the administrator account without issue.

This was a fresh install, newest version of zenphoto. I did modify some of the basic theme files, like index.php and album.php- but have since reverted to a clean backup of those files and am still having the issue.

Do you have any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this? Ive been searching all day and trying different things but nothing is working.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Really hard to tell but editing theme files will not have any effect on logging in.

Do you have cookies enabled in your browser? Any browser log errors or other logs?

You could try to reset the password given there was an valid email address set for the user. Otherwise you will need to delete the related database table and re-run setup so you get a fresh admin user.

General info: http://www.zenphoto.org/news/login-and-password-problems/

• Thanks acrylian, that helps knowing that it wasn't the theme files. I will look into browser log errors next.

Also please note that logging in from the admin login panel works for all accounts, it is only the frontpage login that is broken.

Okay, so you apparently set the gallery to private. Is there a separate gallery password set? Are all users really setup correctly so they are allowed to view?

• So I just did a completely clean install- set the gallery to "private" -created a new user -attempted to login from the index -and hit the same issue.

Now onto error logs to see what I can uncover.

• gdeming Member
    edited November 2017

Using the firefox browser console I am getting the following error:

Error: WebExtension context not found! ExtensionParent.jsm:821:13

No idea what this is about…

• The gallery is set to private and have not created a separate gallery password. I have created a single test user with appropriate permissions

username: test password: test123

I am fairly certain it is not a permissions issue because when I try to login with the administrator account through the gallery index, it generates the same issue.

edited November 2017

Could you please try the support build from GitHub. Just install it like a normal release.

edited November 2017

Maybe the support build is not it… I just tried to access the normal login url and that also doesn't work:
    http://www.tsiproducts.com/media/admin/

Is Zenphoto installed in the /media/ directory, is modwrite active and working on a non private site? It could be a wrong redirection possibly. It might also be a conflict with the system of the parent site as ZP resides in a subdirectory.

If that is it and you cannot solve it, you could move Zenphoto to a subdomain like media.tsiproducts.com instead to keep it separate.