Zenphoto's Hash

Hello,
I need to know which hash algorithm uses zenphoto to encrypt passwords (ex. MD5, SHA-1, etc...).
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited January 2018

You can see yourself on Options > Security yourself.

• Why do you need to know this? If you are thinking of creating the hash outside of Zenphoto then it will be difficult if not impossible. There is more that goes into hashing the password than the algorithm.

Besides, different users may have had different hashes used for their password. The selection is user dependent.

• I need it because I want to use the same table of the database for a login page outside ZenPhoto that I need for have pages that I can't have in ZP (like administrator's pages of the site, so all the staff can access to these with the same password)

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited January 2018

I don't understand exactly what pages Zenphoto does not have.

But I don't think this will work this way. It seem you like to share login credentials with something else. You should maybe look at the federated_logon plugin if you need to share logon credentials with something outside Zenphoto.

I neither wrote nor used this plugin ever though so I cannot really tell if it still works as expected (we might therefore even remove it some time)

• Thanks a lot acrylian for the answer.
    I solved my problems.
    Bye.