database table admin_to_object

I am in process of converting a menalto gallery 2 database to Zenphoto, using Zenphoto 1.5.

I am trying to make sure I have all relevant Zenphoto tables covered. Your documentation
https://www.zenphoto.org/news/database-scheme/
says that the admin_to_object table links the admin to albums and images - but I cannot see that it is in fact being used by Zenphoto?

When I add albums and tables, using the Zenphoto apparatus, no info is inserted into the admin_to_object table - it remains empty.

Can I ignore it when filling the album and image tables with the data from the Menalto Gallery database? It certainly seems to work OK without this table.

I am trying to make sure I have everything covered because I have been having problems with suddenly being unable to login as administrator.

Thanks for your help,

Richard

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited September 2018

If you have only full admin type users on your Zenphoto site that has all rights anyway that table is not used. If you have only one user that is automatically the "master" and therefore also a full admin with rights to anything.

It is generally used if you have users with lesser rights so they are assigned rights to specific abums (top level only currently), Zenpage pages or Zenpage news categories (not images itself as the database scheme tells)

These rights are not exactly the same as the "ower" (gallery items) or "author" (zenpage items) you might notice on the backend.

Hope that helps!

• Thank you - yes, that helps.

Richard