contact form

hello again :)

is there somewhere that will show me exactly how to add the contact form to ZenPhoto?
I read the user guide but it must assume you already know how to call a php page. I don't and its annoying me now :)

Thanks in advance folks.

ps ZP is in my root webfolder.

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

It depends on what you want.

• Place a link to the theme's contact page (contact.php)
      (contact.php itself contains a call to the printContactForm() function. See next possibility)
      <?php printCustomPageURL(gettext('Contact us'), 'contact', '', ''); ?>
      Example: /themes/basic/inc-footer.php
      Documentation: https://docs.zenphoto.org/1.5.3/function-printCustomPageURL.html

• Print a contact form (almost) anywhere you like.
      <?php printContactForm(); ?>
      Example: /themes/basic/contact.php
      Documentation: https://docs.zenphoto.org/1.5.3/function-printContactForm.html

• Use a macro to place a contact form in zenpage pages and zenpage news-articles. (requires the zenpage plugin to be enabled)
      Type [CONTACTFORM] in the content field.

• robb1e Member

Thanks, I'll try that.

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

Note that those are 3 different possibilities.

• robb1e Member

ok, so i still cant get the form to work. clearly i cant be understanding this.
    I can get a text link on my page saying 'Contact Me' but when clicked I get 'Error Loading Page.
    I'm using the ZPmobile theme and i'm inserting the php code into the index.php of that theme.
    Using your first suggestion, I change it from
    <?php printCustomPageURL(gettext('Contact Me'), 'contact', '', ''); ?>
    to
    <?php printCustomPageURL(gettext('Contact Me'), '/zp-core/zp-extensions/contact_form.php', '', ''); ?>

What do i need to change?

thanks in advance :)

• robb1e Member

Sorry, again i've found the pages link at top (never used to be there and i just noticed it now after enabling the zenpage plugin)
    i then used the last suggestion and it is appearing now.
    Unfortunately this does not yet mean i am finished needing help :P i'll get back to you.

thanks for all your help so far mate

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited July 2019

Using your first suggestion, I change it from
    <?php printCustomPageURL(gettext('Contact Me'), 'contact', '', ''); ?>
    to
    <?php printCustomPageURL(gettext('Contact Me'), '/zp-core/zp- extensions/contact_form.php', '', ''); ?>

The first was correct. But the theme has to have a custom page named contact.php to have this working. zpMobile does not and you didn't mention the theme you are using. They are not all the same.

I recommend to read the theming tutorial for the basics if you are planning to do more customizations. Especially you should modify a copy of the theme and not the original.