Stop endless redirects

I have installed zen-photo, but when I try to do anything (go to options make a new album) I get an error "The page isn’t redirecting properly . . . the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." I'm using php7.2 with mysql v.5

Is there some conflict with the .htaccess file, and how do I fix it?

http://dutchbarns.org/zphotos/

Tags:

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited October 2019

This is not a Zenphoto problem actually but something to your server. It might be conflict with a parent htaccess of your main site but we cannot say as we don't know about the whole setup.

It indicates that I can see the admin toolbar without being loggedin at all. I cannot access anything though.

Did setup report anything while installing? In case you used any install helper provide by your host, please install again as described on our site.

• Thanks so much for your reply. I did install again and now it works. I think it might have been trying to repeatedly load a login page? The first time I installed it, there was a link to set the admin user name and password, but when I clicked it, it didn't show me a box to enter that - instead it somehow went to the admin screen. There it told me I could enter them (in 'options' maybe?) , but of course it would go there, and just kept redirecting. But now it looks likes it's going to work and it will be very nice.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Good you managed it. I have no idea what happened on your site. Could be a lot or even just wrong file/folder permissions which can cause all sorts of trouble.

Normally on a fresh install you would have to setup a user master account after running the setup process as naturally none exists at that point. Afterwards you need to login to run setup. The normal login page is yourdomain.com/admin if using modrewrite if the server supports (if you don't have a Apache server like Nginx you might need to setup things serversides as documented) and the htaccess file is correct. Or just yourdomain.com/zp-core/admin.php to get the login form.