Multiverse theme

bic Member, Translator

Hi there, I've finally released my first theme for Zenphoto.
More info are available on the hosting page:
https://www.antonioranesi.it/pages/multiverse-zenphoto-theme/
From there it is possible to download the theme and reach its GitHub repository as well.
I hope it can be useful, tough it's not really a standard theme.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited July 2020

Great, any new theme is very welcome. A theme does not need to be a "standard theme" ;) Something with the encoding of the theme page seems not right: https://www.zenphoto.org/test/screenshot.jpg.html

I will download it later on to test and take some screenshots for our themes section.

Btw, the encoding issue seems to affect your whole site for me. There is not a single page I can read, all just questions marks.

• bic Member, Translator
    edited July 2020

wow, what the hell is that? o_O I can't see any encoding problem from here. Do you see the same error in other pages of my website?

edited July 2020

Yes, seems that is on all pages. Any updates to the db? Did you edit your theme and perhaps changes encoding of the files itself? And the language does not matter btw.

• bic Member, Translator

Ok thanks, I'll have look at it. Is anybody else experimenting the same problem?
    I can provide some screens myself later. On the hosting page there is also a short demo video, that sadly you cant see :-(

PS
    I was posting earlier, but I faced this 300 seconds anti-spam blocker and then I had to walk away.

• bic Member, Translator

By the way, I Just tested the page on GTmetrix, Google Insight and webpagetest. It is rendered correctly on all three.

I was away a little but just tried with latest Chrome and Firefox. So this seems to only affect Safari (13.11 in my case) for whatever weird reason.

• bic Member, Translator
    edited July 2020

Ok, that's quite weird indeed! I've tried now using Safari from my son's Iphone and from an old virtual machine running Safari 8.0 :smiley: and the page does work too.
    Anyway, doesn't matter, I've sent you some screens and a demo video by email. :smile:

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

Works for me on Safari 13.1.2

I think it is something with the web fonts loaded from Google as we just discussed via mail. Probably rather an JS incompatibility issue not throwing any error or so…

• bic Member, Translator
    edited July 2020

Thanks fretzl. The funny side is that I use fonts served by Google just to avoid headaches in setting up fonts for every browser. :smiley:

Setting up webfonts is not that hard.Yyou only need .woff and .woff2 nowadays as that covers all current and also most not so current browsers.
    https://caniuse.com/#search=woff
    https://caniuse.com/#search=woff2

For really older ones, well, there always comes the time that things don't work for them anymore ;-) For those you provide a default font fallback and the general font type like sans-serif or serif.

• bic Member, Translator

Sure, I will probably change it on my main theme after holidays, and on Multiverse too.

• Ralf Member

Hi,
    looks pretty good.

But when I enable RSS Plugin the website does not render properly.

What I am missing:
    Open Street map support an the ability to comment on images/albums.

Anyway: Good work

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

@Ralf That's probably the wrong printRSSHeaderLink() call in gallery.php. I already made a pull request for the Mutiverse repository to fix that.
    https://github.com/bic-ed/Multiverse/pulls

• bic Member, Translator

Thanks @fretzl merged already! Thanks for Dutch translation too!

@Ralf I'm afraid there is no room for comments in album pages without heavily break the layout. Image page does not exist at all actually, so probably neither open street maps makes much sense. I know, album page is more like a slide show page, that's why I said that this is not a standard theme! :neutral: .
    The theme was originally meant to be a presentation for special albums, then I added support for pages, search, news etc, but anyway I would like to preserve album's style.

• bic Member, Translator

After the conversation with @acrylian on GitHub, about SEO concerns related to not having a real image.php page, I guess that probably the best solution is to create a proper image page, linked from album through the titles on the thumbnails. This way does not affect album layout at all, and also gives the possibility to implement comments and other image related plugin, like bxslider or Open Street Map. @Ralf, I could also add an option to have comments at the bottom of album pages too.