zpBootstrap - capability to crop album thumbnails?

zpBootstrap offers the capability to crop thumbnails of images which comes in handy as I often shoot 16x9 and the thumbs are square. I would suggest this capability be added to album thumbnails also, if any new iteration is produced.

I'm not sure. Maybe this is a limitation of ZP rather than the theme?

www.loweprofile.com/gallery

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

If and how thumbnails are cropped is actually a theme decision. Default (standard) thumbs (like basic theme uses them for exampe) follow the csetting on the image options. Themes can choose to not use these for layout requirements (like the Zenpage theme for example) and use some of the various image template functions directly instead.

• vincent3569 Member, Translator

hi
    indeed, album thumbs are cropped with 1/2 ratio and pictures thumbs are square.
    this for 2 reasons:

• to visualy separate album thumbs and picture thumbs
    • to follow boostrap main rules to have responsive behavior with pictures.
  • Thanks Vincent,
    I am not interested in changing the image proportions, just the crop of the album thumbnail. A situation could arise where your image is shot in portrait mode, so it would be very important to control how that image is cropped for the album thumbnail. Just wondering if that feature would ever be added to the theme. I have used the cropping feature many times for image thumbs, as it can greatly enhance how image thumbnail page looks.

Bootstrap thumbnail cropping

Bootstrap thumbnail cropping

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

You could certainly modify the theme to replace the custom cropped album thumb functions with the default album thumb ones. Then you would get the same size/crop as for the general thumbs. See the basic theme which that are for example.

Since the theme is not made for that it may require more changes so this actually works out.