Slideshow

Hello, I am having a problem with the slideshow.
Very often I have to reload the page because the slideshow link is not functioning.
Gr Hans

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

More info please: What slideshow exactly and what theme (some third party themes use their own).

Also please review your browser error log (console) for any JS error. If any other script throws errors it kills all other JS as well.

• The theme I use is zpmobile and the slideshow is the plugin slideshow2 using the jQuery Cycle2 plugin.
    The browser error log writes
    TypeError: document.slideshow_.submit is not a function document.slideshow_.submit():1:21
    javascript:document.slideshow_.submit():1

I can reproduce that it is not working from the single image page but it does from the album page. We'll look into it.

• I thought so to, so I removed the slideshow from the sige image page.
    However it also stopped working on the album page after some action; opening image page and going back to album page etc.

The zpmobile theme is using the old jquery mobile framekwork (which is not developed anymore as well) which overtakes the whole page display using its own JS stuff. This is known to casue trouble with other JS scripts. That is not solvable. A reason why this theme is internally deprecated already for us. Perhaps try another responsive (3rd party) theme instead like zpBoostrap.

• Thanks.
    My choice is zenpage not zpBoostrap.
    I have another question, where can I find the print functions?
    For some weeks I made some changes in thembut now I cannot find these functions anymore.

Okay, the zenpage theme is a bit aged too and not responsive (and it never will btw). You find the general function documentation here: https://docs.zenphoto.org/1.5.x/

All general template functions are in the zp-core file of the same name otherwise.

• Hello acrylian, I changed my plan and followed your advice to try zpBootstrap. Although it is a third party theme, I hope you can help me to change the size of the images in the slideshow on the homepage.

I am sorry, I cannot exaclty help with the theme as I am not that familiar with it (besides providing the German translation for it regulary). I think this is fixed bult in as it is but I am sure the author @vincent3569 can tell more about that.