Send emails when creating or updating albums

Good morning, I would like that when an album is created or updated, an email will be sent to the users. I have seen that there are several plugins in extensions and I have configured the PHPMailer plugin with the data from my mail server, which also after configuring it and applying it, the selection box is deactivated. But there are 2 other plugins user_mailing_list and zenphoto_sendmail, which I don't know if I have to enable them at the same time as PHPMailer.
Please can you help me.
Thank you very much

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Actually the plugin descriptions should tell what they are. Sendmail and phpmailer are alternative mail handlers. sendmail is a rather plain php mailer that uses your server's default. phpmailer is a more sophisticated third party library that also allows mailing via an external mail service optionally. So you only enable one of them at the time.

User mailing list is a plugin to send bulk mails to existing users that have a mail address set (which is currently not a requirement). Don't use this as an actual newsletter system as you mist certainly would get blacklisted by mail handlers.

As to your actual request "Send emails when creating or updating albums".Such a functionalityt does not exist, sorry. I recommend to use the RSS feeds instead.

• Thanks Acrylian, for your answers
    So I understand that to send emails to my subscribers when I create or update an album I must use the zenphoto RSS feed, collect it, for example, with the mailchimp service and from there send the emails to my subscribers, is that correct?

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

That probably would work if you like to mail that and is a much better solution if you have a significant number of subscribers (or expect it to become that).

• Hi,

I currently work on this topic as well and I recommend to use RSS feed too. It is much simpler.

You can experiment mailchimp https://mailchimp.com/en/help/share-your-blog-posts-with-mailchimp/ or sendinblue https://www.sendinblue.com/blog/rss-to-email-campaigns/

It should work for latest ZP discovered elements as it is based on incremental dates (it won't send anything published before initial date).

If you want to send a random "photo of the day" from specific RSS feed which publication date is potentially before latest publication, mailchimp or sendinblue won't send anything. That's where I am stuck for now...