Permission messed up

Ok, I managed to mess up my ability login as admin, Sorry.

this is the error I get when I try to login
You do not have proper rights to access /zp-core/admin.php?logon_step=&ref=admi.

and then get Your user rights do not allow access to administrative functions

sys config:
Zenphoto version 1.5.7 (Official build)
Current locale setting: en_US.UTF8
Server path: /var/www/ourlifeinpixs_2
WEB path:
PHP Session path: /var/lib/php/sessions
Current gallery theme: Garland
Server software: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
PHP version: 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7
Graphics support: PHP GD library 2.2.5
supporting: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, wbmp, webp
PHP memory limit: 300M (Note: Your server might allocate less!)
MySQLi version: 5.7.32
Database name: Millerpics
Table prefix: .
Spam filter: No spam filter configured
CAPTCHA generator:
Site status: The site is opened

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

You must have more than one user account as always one is promoted to master admin otherwise (regardless to the actual rights). If for unknown reasons this is not the case you have to delete the table in the database directly and re-run setup:
    https://www.zenphoto.org/news/login-and-password-problems/

• kdmiller45 Member
    edited January 2021

I deleted index.php,themes,zp-core and recopied index.php,themes,zp-core into the directory and tried to run site.com/zp-core/setup.php and I get 404 not found, when I look in the zp-core directory I do not see setup.php and now just get a blank white screen

• Thanks I'm done, I just restored the site, will have to be more careful

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

I deleted index.php,themes,zp-core and recopied index.php,themes,zp-core into the directory and tried to run site.com/zp-core/setup.php and I get 404 not found, when I look in the zp-core directory I do not see setup.php and now just get a blank white screen

If setup was not there something was simply not uploaded correctly. Sometimes FTP client mess things up. As you did actually deleting the folder instead of overwriting is the most secure way.

The files wihtin the /zp-core/setup/ folder are renamed for protection after you ran setup successfully and need to be re-enabled first afterwards via a utility button. But the main setup.php file is actually always there. And only admins with full rights can run the setup process. That means on single user sites that user can.