Updateing Codeblock with SQL Statement

I need to update all codeblocks I used with several hundereds of my pictures as I want to change some things.
I'm able to run the update in phpmyadmin and see the correct result in corrsponding field. However if I open the gallery as admin the codeblock section is empty.
The update statement is like this:
update zp_images set codeblock=REPLACE(codeblock, '$conn = new mysqli(\"ip-adress\", \"user\", \"password\", \"datbasename\");', 'global $conn;\ninclude \'./twl/dbconnect.php\';\n');

This is the how the beginning of the codeblock field with the change looks in phpmyadmin:
a:1:{i:1;s:1428:"<?php

global $conn;
include './twl/dbconnect.php';

followed some more code and it ends with

</script>";}

However this code is not displayed in the gallery admin at all. codeblock is completely empty there.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited September 2022

You can have several codeblocks so the data is stored seralized. You have to cover that with your statement. I fear you cannot do this via MySQL easily directly. BEtter use PHP and Zenphoto's object model for this:

• First get the data
    • unserialize it to get an array of all codeblocks,
    • update the array entry you want
    • Store it again serialized

Each object has methods for these tasks.

Also: If you do things like this perhaps consider to edit the theme itself (using the multiple_layouts plugin for example). Codeblocks are rather a workaround for simple calls. Today I would not introduce them as a feature anymore. Just beacuse maintainance is quite a pain if you used them a lot in various ways…

• Thanks for explaining. At least I was not too stupid to do the correct SQL statement :-)