Zenpage deleting things

david1pro Member
edited September 2022 in Plugins

Hi, I've been trying to get Zenpage to work for me, but little pieces of code keep getting kicked out. Nonsensical stuff. For example, in a hierichial unordered list (ul, li, /li, ul, li, /li, /ul, /li,, /li, /ul), one of the li pieces will show up fine in the editer, both with AND without TinyMCE, but it won't show up on the page. When you view the page source, you see that a piece is missing (such as an li), which messes up the tree. The original code is perfect - one ul for every /ul and one li for every /li, perfectly nested. It even shows perfect with the TinyMCE editor, but editor or not, the page throws out pieces... similar to how you can't put in your own ruler (hr), but the editor can, for some reason (which shows up in the page source as a regular hr.

Tags:

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

There are several reasons:

• Browser try to fix broken HTML to be valid as they think. So there might be something wrong within the theme - which you didn't tell - you are using.

• The allowed tags defined on Options > General > Allowed tags is not complete or empty

• Zenphoto internally uses the native PHP extension tidy to fix and filter incorrect HTML. There is a fallback which is less reliable.

similar to how you can't put in your own ruler (hr), but the editor can, for some reason (which shows up in the page source as a regular hr.

If there is a hr in the source and you don't see it it might mean that the theme used has not proper style defined.

• Thanks for your help. Ultimately, I decided not to have an list more than one level deep. That seems to have solved the problem. For reference, the issue occurred in a couple of themes (Zenpage and multiverse).

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

This really seems to indicate that there was something wrong with HTML somewhere else. It can be a wrong class attribute or similar. This is nothing theme specific after all.